• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Bloodbending Duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Element:
Water

Ability:
Bloodbending

Basic idea:
Add a config option for how long bloodbending can last.

Other details:
As many know bloodbending is pretty OP. Most servers counter this by making bloodbending a donation option. However they still believe the move is way too strong. The server where I currently moderate gives bloodbending for free to waterbenders. My request is that bloodbending be given a duration config option. This would have an infinite option (For the servers who give bloodbending to donators), and a "duration of move" option.

Pros:
+ Bloodbending becomes less op (Depending on server configs)

Cons:
- Bloodbending becomes less op
- Possibly reduce amount of donation servers receive for an ability that can only be used a set amount of time.

Gif to help visualize:
Sadly there is no point I can recall where a bloodbender "runs out of time" for their ability in the series. (Victims overpowering their assailant do not count.)

Please post feedback on what could be added to the "Pros" and "Cons" lists.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I completely agree with you regarding the OPness of bloodbending (I'm pretty sure almost everyone does - if not everyone). Although, there's the debate of "is it canon enough?" Since it's configurable there shouldn't be too much of problem with it. I always kind of thought the bloodbending grip weakening over time would be a nice way to balance things out and then just configure the rate at which it mitigates.

I can definitely see the pros in this though.

Last edited:

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I completely agree with you regarding the OPness of bloodbending (I'm pretty sure almost everyone does, not not everyone). Although, there's the debate of "is it canon enough?" Since it's configurable there shouldn't be too much of problem with it. I always kind of thought the bloodbending grip weakening over time would be a nice way to balance things out and then just configure the rate at which it mitigates.

I can definitely see the pros in this though.
I liked how you mentioned "weakening over time." So I though this up on the fly; We could have a configurable set of "stages." Stage one of bloodbending -> full control. Stage two -> Victim regains bending ability. etc. These stages would come about through certain events. Mainly the passage of time. I find this very interesting, even as a bloodbending lover.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I liked how you mentioned "weakening over time." So I though this up on the fly; We could have a configurable set of "stages." Stage one of bloodbending -> full control. Stage two -> Victim regains bending ability. etc. These stages would come about through certain events. Mainly the passage of time. I find this very interesting, even as a bloodbending lover.
It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if one can bend while being bloodbent. I like the sound of it though and it would be how I could picture it balancing out a bit.

6tijn

Verified Member
This sounds really good to me. If this would get added, I don't see much problems that every waterbender can bloodbend at full moon. Otherwhise it would be so so OP

Status
Not open for further replies.