• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

    Join the Discord Server

Better Earth Mobility

Do you think Earthscooter would be a good idea?

  • No, it would be overpowered

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    12
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can kind of see an ability like this working but rather in a combo, and I definitely don't think it should require the same sequence of actions as AirScooter to execute, nor do I think the name EarthScooter is a good choice for it.

Perhaps a combo such as Catapult (Tap sneak) > EarthBlast (Tap sneak) > Catapult (Tap sneak) > Catapult (Left-click) to execute it.

I also think, unlike AirScooter, that it should not have infinite duration under the right conditions. I think it should last for maybe around 30 seconds maximum default under the right conditions.

I'm not sure about what I think the best name would be but I do have some ideas. if they help: EarthSlide, EarthDash, EarthPropulsion, EarthRide, EarthSkid and EarthBoard.

It's a really cool concept for an ability so it would be really cool to see it in action. :)
 
How about instead of a wave, you try the move Bolin does to escape with Mako when Ghazan starts bringing the roof of the catacombs down (like EarthSurf)
 
How about instead of a wave, you try the move Bolin does to escape with Mako when Ghazan starts bringing the roof of the catacombs down (like EarthSurf)
I think I know what you're talking about. Didn't the bandits that Kuvira faced off against use this same move?

I think it more closely relates to Earth Smash than this tbh
 
I
How about instead of a wave, you try the move Bolin does to escape with Mako when Ghazan starts bringing the roof of the catacombs down (like EarthSurf)
I saw it being possible in my head like that too. An earthern wave could produce crushing lag in a lot of situations, especially since the ability can be used for a long period of time.
 
I

I saw it being possible in my head like that too. An earthern wave could produce crushing lag in a lot of situations, especially since the ability can be used for a long period of time.
Yh lag always ruins everything xD but it would be less laggy that an earthwave right?
 
Awesome. I agree with Kwesi about this being a combo. It seems a bit much to have a move like this be separate. Besides, earth needs combos now more than ever.
 
You should make it kind of like AirScooter/AirGlide where you do some quick combo and hold shift on the ground to start sliding/moving on earth-blocks. One of the examples is on the episode of Day of Black Sun where the earthbenders kick on the ground to move their centipede-looking tanks toward the Fire Nation's center. Another example is in Ba Sing Se (Not sure if its spelled right) on the train station in the Legend Of Korra. Earthbenders kick the ground to move the stone trains. Instead of using the kicking thing, just make a Air Scooter thing where you do the same thing but you stay on the ground and slightly a bit faster than sprinting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top