• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Bending Mob?

X_Eco

Verified Member
I'm not sure how would this work or if you could do it.

Mobs will have the ability to bend one of the four element but only one basic moves each.This would make things a bit more interesting because with bending we can easily over power mob without any real fun or challenge.

Also maybe a very rare chance when a Kobe spawn their bending power is very powerful with an additional passive and one more move.This could spice up the game a bit.

Leave your comment on what type of bending you would like to see mobs do?

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Considering that servers lag when possibly 50+ players are on and bending, having about, I don't know, 200+ mobs around each player or player groups bending would be a hard hit on the server tps level.
I love the idea but it is unpractical as to how it would work and maintain moderate to low lag.

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
Furthermore there are methods mobs simply don't have that bending requires
I play on a FairyTail server at times and the mobs use 'magic' spells, and it can be coded to be very similar to bending. It doesn't even lag at all. The plugin they use is called MythicMobs.

V

Vidcom

I play on a FairyTail server at times and the mobs use 'magic' spells, and it can be coded to be very similar to bending. It doesn't even lag at all. The plugin they use is called MythicMobs.
I'm sure PK perms could hook into that

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Well they don't have to be too utterly complicated. I simple blast of water or fire without selecting a source block might be kinda cute.

V

Vidcom

Well they don't have to be too utterly complicated. I simple blast of water or fire without selecting a source block might be kinda cute.
Baby pig uses airblast and squeals gently in surprise... omg i hate you for unveiling this cuteness on us.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
In my opinion MythicMobs would be the best way to accomplish this. However I don't think it can handle block manipulation. Its extremely open and somewhat easy to use once you get the hang of it. Heck, you would even be able to make bending mobs without hooking into Project Korra.

P.S. I give you the mob I would want

Xavier_Dare

Verified Member
Ik this post is old but thought i would let you all know, that at BendingMC we have made a few mobs recently for bending. While they dont do bending we will add bending mobs later. So far tho we have added in flying lemurs (Momo) to our server!