• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bending Leveling

norman251

Verified Member
Hey guys! It's been a while.

I have recently done a reboot of my old private server, and it is going great. However, in the time between the closing and re-opening of my server, I played on a really cool public bending server. I didn't have the time to host a server of my own, and my friends wanted to have a place to bend, so that was our solution. On this server, there was a system where benders could level up in their bending element to unlock new skills. I thought this was a really cool concept, and I wanted to try it on my own server. However, I have not been able to find such a plugin, if it is a plugin.

So, if you kind folk could help me by sending me a link or telling me a name, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
-N251

Bumbullbee

Verified Member
Though he may be referring to MCMMO, I think a bending leveling system would work great with PK, maybe it would be able to work with the RPG plugin. I hope they create something like that soon. Being able to unlock skills, build custom skill trees, invest points to make certain moves stronger in configurable areas, etc. I would pay (Literally) to have that! :D

Last edited:

norman251

Verified Member
Thank you both for the responses!

I forgot to mention, I have MCMMO on the server
I will try the PKRPG plugin, but I don't know whether or not I already have it...

Thanks again!
-N251

norman251

Verified Member
Hey guys!

I already have the MCMMO and PKRPG plugins, so I don't think it's either of those. However, I have found an article on the internet on the issue here.

It says in the article, "A leveling system should be decided by the server operator, and can easily be implemented with permissions. Make groups, like "Novice, Apprentice, Expert, Master" and put the abilities there that you think should be there. Then just give them access to the higher groups when you feel they've advanced."

This is absolute gibberish to me, so if one of you server-savvy people could help me out, that would be awesome.

Thanks for helping!
-N251

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hey guys!

I already have the MCMMO and PKRPG plugins, so I don't think it's either of those. However, I have found an article on the internet on the issue here.

It says in the article, "A leveling system should be decided by the server operator, and can easily be implemented with permissions. Make groups, like "Novice, Apprentice, Expert, Master" and put the abilities there that you think should be there. Then just give them access to the higher groups when you feel they've advanced."

This is absolute gibberish to me, so if one of you server-savvy people could help me out, that would be awesome.

Thanks for helping!
-N251
Basically it is saying that that you can level players up and allow them to unlock new abilities with the use of permissions. All users must have the "bending.ability.<ability>" permission to be able to use it. So one example of a system would be:

• A level 1 waterbenders only has the permission bending.ability.watermanipulation (allows them to use WaterManipulation)
  • A level 2 waterbender has the abilities of a level 1 waterbender along with the bending.ability.icespike permission (allows them to use IceSpike)
This can continue on and on however you like.

How you do this is up to you. Right now there isn't a specific bending levelling plugin but it's still possible through what I and others have described above have said.

Hope that helps. :)

norman251

Verified Member
Hello again!

I think I linked to the wrong type of article. Going back and re - reading it, I realized that you had to give the people the new level. I would rather the system be automatic, and I will try to show you in this screenshot:

You can see there are text notifications for gaining AirBender Experience (after I broke some grass), and there is a hero/character sidebar. I suppose this is what I meant when I said leveling.

I am sorry for contradicting myself, and disregarding the comments you said above. You guys are some of the most helpful people on this forum, and I am really grateful for that.

Tanks again for the help!
-N251

P.S. Also sorry for the long delay. Had a bunch of school stuff to take care of.

norman251

Verified Member
Thank you so much, Simplicitee, and everyone else who gave me help!

I think the Heroes plugin is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks so much for the direction!

-N251