• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Bending Death Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
So I decided to redo that thread on Death Messages, since it was posted a long time ago & nothing has been done to it, I figured I could refresh it.

Things to know

• The death messages won't work if you used an item rather than bending, so you would get the vanilla death message for using an item (Unless it's a plugin item).
  • There are multiple different death messages
  • Avatars have more complicated death messages
  • This idea came from @kadika661
  • Death messages are specified for which move used & what element used to kill a player
  • Example: "Steve was slain by Fly_ using EarthBlast while Earthbending"
  • Or "Steve was slain by Fly_ using Earthbending" & "Steve was slain by Fly_ using EarthBlast"
  • The type of message your server uses can be toggled.
How it works

When a player is killed by another user in PvP the server receives a death message indicating who killed that user, and how. In my opinion, this idea can give more credit to a user, because it is giving them "pride" about their element. Heh, it was just something I had to say.

There will be 4 types of death messages, each can be toggled.
"Steve was slain by Fly_ using EarthBlast while Earthbending" -The most complex, it shows the element & which move used to slay Steve.
"Steve was slain by Fly_ using Earthbending" - This version simply shows the element the user used to kill.
"Steve was slain by Fly_ using EarthBlast" - This version specifies the element (w/ colors) & which move was used.
"Steve was slain by Fly_" - The most simple, and the basic version, the color cannot be toggled on this one, it indicates which element a user is.

Steve, being the Waterbender, and Fly_ being the Earthbender. There are 4 different types of death messages, because not every server owner wants a long death message in their chat. The colors on the users name & moves indicates the element used. The colors are toggle-able. Avatars have slightly different messages though, for example:

"Steve was slain by Korra using FireBlast while in the AvatarState"
"Steve was slain by Korra using FireBlast while Bending"
"Steve was slain by Korra using Fireblast"
"Steve was slain by Korra using Bending"
"Steve was slain by Korra"

These messages are toggle-able though, because I know they aren't as specific as the others. I just figured it would be easier if the death messages looked at their type of bending in the plugin, rather than which moves they used for the "While [element]bending" part in the death message.

Here are some In Game examples of how the BASIC messages would work.

With PK Items, the messages would work the same, though the devs could decide if specific death messages for PK Items would happen. My job here is to give you the basic idea, and explain what it would be like.

I hope you enjoy this thread, and forgive me if you didn't want me to recreate the idea @kadika661 .

Questions, and thoughts below please.
~Fly

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
The thing is, since you can bend with weapons, Although Configurable, You could hit with your weapon instead of bending.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Heh that's not my ign but okay.

Back to the topic.
How are you planning this to be? Like if you hit with a weapon but you AirSwipe someone, it could be hit by a sword aswell as AirSwipe. Many other plugins I know just ignore this fact aswell.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Maybe instead of it being toggleable, it be a configurable message? Unless it already is that and I missed you say that.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Heh that's not my ign but okay.

Back to the topic.
How are you planning this to be? Like if you hit with a weapon but you AirSwipe someone, it could be hit by a sword aswell as AirSwipe. Many other plugins I know just ignore this fact aswell.
If you're using a sword I would assume you are intending to kill with the sword rather than the airbending. So it would be back to the vanilla minecraft message.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
"Steve was slain by Fly_ using EarthBlast" - This version specifies the element (w/ colors) & which move was used.
I love this one in particular.. Your name shows earthbending and the earthblast says which move.. I've always wanted to know which move I used to kill someone with..
EDIT: Also, I think this would kind of have to work like a regular custom death message plugin, but it'd be tied into ProjectKorra.. Side plugin maybe? ;)

Moonelight

Verified Member
I love this one in particular.. Your name shows earthbending and the earthblast says which move.. I've always wanted to know which move I used to kill someone with..
EDIT: Also, I think this would kind of have to work like a regular custom death message plugin, but it'd be tied into ProjectKorra.. Side plugin maybe? ;)
It would be better to tie it into PK Core, it kind of makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.