• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bug Report Bending + Chiblocking = Bad Time

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
  • Which plugin you are using:
    • ProjectKorra Core
  • Which version of the plugin you are using (Can be found with /bending version):
    • 1.5.0 BETA 17
  • Where the bug exists (Is it in an ability, a command, etc):
    • This bug exists within the chi blocking passive and all bending moves.
  • A detailed description of the bug you found.
    • When a bender has chi+anything else, if they use the move it will use the chi passive on the move. For example, if a firebender with chi used blaze, the blaze fire would cause the opponent to be chi blocked.
    • The same effect happens if you use a move such as fireburst/blast, then you switch to paralyze.
  • What should be happening instead:
    • The bending moves shouldn't have the chi-passive added to them, they should work as normal. I recommend adding something that negates the chi passive while a move is in use?

dNiym

Verified Member
I was discussing the entire topic of passives working with avatars / people with multiple elements in this thread:
http://projectkorra.com/threads/avatars-passives.1006/

I have fixed the problem on our server by requiring a bender to actually have a skill bound of that bending type before passives can activate.

Chi blocking was a little different as it needs to only work if either NO move is bound or a Chi move is used. To prevent exactly what you're talking about above. I will submit the modified chi-blocking code / checks now if approved they should show up in an upcoming release.

*Edit* I consider them being able to use Air/Earth/Fire/Water passives just as severe as being able to chi-block without using chi-blocking.. Thus I have modified things so that they must have an air skill at least bound to use air passives. (These changes are not incorporated into the above fix) I was waiting to see if the idea got a positive feeling before submitting code for each element.