• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Avatar World Map, And Potential Texture Pack ?

What is your current opinion of the latest .png file of the map ?

• This is pretty cool !

• The map looks nice, but needs work

• It's ok ... I guess

• It looks kinda bad

• It looks terrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

Switch

Verified Member
Hey, over the past week or so, I've been working on both an avatar based map ( you should be able to see the attached .png file ), including this I have also been working a little on a texture pack.

Because of the map that I'm working on, I've only been able to do terrain and some nature based things, yet the map is far from complete. At the moment I am working more on the terrain and biomes, then will be going onto placing custom trees into the specified regions according to the different types of flora in the region ( found from avatar wiki ( and some images ) ).

Aside from my work on this, I would greatly appreciate potential work from other members of the project Korra community. The map will certainly take a while to make, as its only me working on the map and the texture pack.

The texture pack may include some aspects of the current progress of the project Korra texture pack ( will be checking with staffs, etc ), but of my own work I will be working on 3D textures in the pack as well as changing the design of GUI's and other HUD based displays to be more ... avatar themed?

( Work on the map would be greatly appreciated if you would like to help please either; reply to the thread, or pm me )
Ps, work of the map will be uploaded every so often when cities or terrain features have been created.

Attachments

Switch

Verified Member
Looking very nice. But how big is the map?
Atm, I think 100,000 x by about 60,000 wide, idk But all around it comes to about 7.5 billion blocks squared ( in area )
I'll message you a link to where you can see the map fully

AndDrew

Verified Member
Atm, I think 100,000 x by about 60,000 wide, idk But all around it comes to about 7.5 billion blocks squared ( in area )
I'll message you a link to where you can see the map fully
Oh my gosh! That's very impressive. Is this for a server or are you putting it up for download once it's done?

Switch

Verified Member
Honestly, proabally not. As this will take loads of work I'm leaning away from putting the map up for download ( would kinda make all my work become nullified, if someone could just download the map and potentially pass it off as their own work )

Switch

Verified Member
Though I may put parts of the map up for download ... Northern water tribe, Omashu etc ...

Switch

Verified Member
Because this is likely to take a while, do you think mstivland89 and yourself could help with the build, I've already got a person to help a bit, but I've only done the terrain as you can see on the dynmap map.

Kess

Verified Member
Would other ppl be aloud to use the map?And if so I would like to help!I love Ba sing se!And also would be able to make the western airtemple to!

Switch

Verified Member
Would other ppl be allowed to use the map?And if so I would like to help!I love Ba sing se!And also would be able to make the western air temple to!
People would be definitely be allowed to use the map, it would kinda be pointless making it when it wouldn't be useful.
I'm running a server at the moment and the map would probably be the main aspect of the server, letting people explore for themselves and being able to bend there ( idk haven't decided )

And if so I would like to help!I love Ba sing se!And also would be able to make the western air temple to!
If your up for helping I'm completely happy letting you, the world will take a fair while to make and the more experienced people we have building the better the map would turn out.

Ps. @Kess , I'll pm you a dynmap link to where you can see the current status of the map ( in all its glory )