• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Avatar State Tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
When somebody uses the Avatar State, the move surge becomes far more massive, the same is true for raise earth. I feel it would be neat for this idea to be expanded upon. If you feel like this idea is unrealistic or unreasonable please let me know.

Elzoz

Verified Member
well it does increase all powers by 5 (i think) times the strength so if its to strong there should be a config to lower the extra power lvl...or did you mean somthing else? :p

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
well it does increase all powers by 5 (i think) times the strength so if its to strong there should be a config to lower the extra power lvl...or did you mean somthing else? :p
I mean, while using The Avatar state, Raise Earth height increases, along with the width. Surge shield and wave also increase in radius. I you would like snapshots pleas let me know

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I mean, while using The Avatar state, Raise Earth height increases, along with the width. Surge shield and wave also increase in radius. I you would like snapshots pleas let me know
I'm confused here.. Please explain a little more on what you mean..

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
I'm confused here.. Please explain a little more on what you mean..
He means: When ur in avatar-state ur bending becomes stronger, and that's already a feature. It increases the power of bending by 5x. He also wants to know if you could make other moves stronger. And we kinda already did, EVERY move is stronger.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I can't seem to find that though. I've seen other suggestions with no real organization,
He means: When ur in avatar-state ur bending becomes stronger, and that's already a feature. It increases the power of bending by 5x. He also wants to know if you could make other moves stronger. And we kinda already did, EVERY move is stronger.

No, that's not what I'm saying. The visual aspects of the moves change. Raise Earth creates bigger walls than normal, and Surge is also larger. Maybe other moves are like this in the avatar state. Maybe Earth Tunnel creates a larger tunnel, or earth blast is composed of more blocks? I feel like the latter is far less likely. Once again, I am not talking about damage, nor just normal. I am speaking on in terms of aesthetics and only in the avatar state.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
All moves already are stronger in the Avatar State, whether it is noticeable or not. Lightning, for example, is a one shot kill! In the configuration file, there is an option under Avatar State which is something like "power-factor". That controls how much stronger moves are in the AS!

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
All moves already are stronger in the Avatar State, whether it is noticeable or not. Lightning, for example, is a one shot kill! In the configuration file, there is an option under Avatar State which is something like "power-factor". That controls how much stronger moves are in the AS!

I am well aware of the config. I am referring to making aesthetic changes to the moves as to distinguish that they are empowered by the avatar state.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not necessary really. The reason RaiseEarth and Surge become larger is because thats the only way to empower them.

V

Vidcom

To be honest, some moves are impossible to empower more. Like, say, illumination. What can you do with that? Make more torches? Why would you even need illumination since you have tremorsense as the avatar??

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
To be honest, some moves are impossible to empower more. Like, say, illumination. What can you do with that? Make more torches? Why would you even need illumination since you have tremorsense as the avatar??

Well I don't mean all moves. I mean like moves that are used in combat. This would be both aesthetically pleasing and would show when people are in the avatar state. I believe Orion was planning something like this, since Raise Earth and Surge are already like this.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Well I don't mean all moves. I mean like moves that are used in combat. This would be both aesthetically pleasing and would show when people are in the avatar state. I believe Orion was planning something like this, since Raise Earth and Surge are already like this.
All of the moves that you use in combat are boosted in avatarstate, whether it is the damage they have or the cooldown they have. All moves in combat are rather boosted when in avatarstate, and you can sure tell.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This plugin is not Orion's plugin, just because he had/planned to have something doesn't mean we will

Elzoz

Verified Member
oh man i got this mind image that a guy running around with like 50 torches around him XD that would look hilarious XD LOL!

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
This plugin is not Orion's plugin, just because he had/planned to have something doesn't mean we will
I didn't mean it like that. Frankly I like this plugin more than Orion because he never cared about it. I guess the idea does seem a little far fetched. And I suppose it would require a lot of extra time and energy for something not many would see. I'm sorry for wasting time. :cool:

V

Vidcom

There are some moves I agree need boosts. For example, while RaiseEarth has ungodly walls of justice and power, Collapse has no change. Surely as corresponding moves this should be altered?

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
There are some moves I agree need boosts. For example, while RaiseEarth has ungodly walls of justice and power, Collapse has no change. Surely as corresponding moves this should be altered?

I'm glad you know what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.