• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Avatar Command - Clairvoyance *Name is up for a suggestion*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Source
The Episode where Avatar Aang was about to open all his chakras during meditation sensation with some sort of guru, but stop after he encountered a vision about Katara being held captive in chains.

Requested
An Avatar should have capability to enter one's mind, via how spectator mode works when you left click a living creaute. To prevent this feature from spying on people that don't want to be spied on, the targeted player will have to give permission by accepting or rejecting the avatar's request through command.

How-To-Use
There will be command (which is up for the people, who makes decitation for develoments, to decide) for the avatar to type in with the name of the player he decides to see 'vision' from.

If you need clarifitation to what I mean, let me know and I will clear this idea out!

Hero

Verified Member
Source
The Episode where Avatar Aang was about to open all his chakras during meditation sensation with some sort of guru, but stop after he encountered a vision about Katara being held captive in chains.

Requested
An Avatar should have capability to enter one's mind, via how spectator mode works when you left click a living creaute. To prevent this feature from spying on people that don't want to be spied on, the targeted player will have to give permission by accepting or rejecting the avatar's request through command.

How-To-Use
There will be command (which is up for the people, who makes decitation for develoments, to decide) for the avatar to type in with the name of the player he decides to see 'vision' from.

If you need clarifitation to what I mean, let me know and I will clear this idea out!
There is no proof that an avatar could see someone else vision without the help of an item like the giant tree. And that scene you explained was in HIS mind. Not someone elses.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
There is no proof that an avatar could see someone else vision without the help of an item like the giant tree.
Than how did Korra figured out that Yakone was a bloodbender without him knowing who and what it was? I say it's to accurate for it to be a coincidencal imagine in her mind and not a clairvoyant/retrocognitive vision if you think that was her mind playing tricks too, when comparing her's experience with Aang's. Besides, she still looked sane to me while she was close in the box that Tarrlock put her in for how many long that I don't know. I doubt about your theory, especially when two of those avatars encountered these "imaginative visions" during their MEDITATION. I believe for a fact that avatars have powers beyond being able to control all elements, enchant them and be the bridge between two worlds, but they also do seem to me have some sort of psychic abilities/connection to the world around them.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Than how did Korra figured out that Yakone was a bloodbender without him knowing who and what it was? I say it's to accurate for it to be a coincidencal imagine in her mind and not a clairvoyant/retrocognitive vision if you think that was her mind playing tricks too, when comparing her's experience with Aang's. Besides, she still looked sane to me while she was close in the box that Tarrlock put her in for how many long that I don't know. I doubt about your theory, especially when two of those avatars encountered these "imaginative visions" during their MEDITATION. I believe for a fact that avatars have powers beyond being able to control all elements, enchant them and be the bridge between two worlds, but they also do seem to me have some sort of psychic abilities/connection to the world around them.
Uh, because Aang gave her his vision and found out that way. She didn't read anyone's mind at and before you go out saying avatars can read minds again, korra is connected to Aang. Why do you think she didn't get any help after the link was broken?...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Uh, because Aang gave her his vision and found out that way. She didn't read anyone's mind at and before you go out saying avatars can read minds again, korra is connected to Aang. Why do you think she didn't get any help after the link was broken?...
What are you trying to say? I'm not getting you on that way.
Still Korra manage to see Aang's history (I know she only did throught her past self but still.... same principle of Aang-Katara). While in most shows/movies, the cliche that happen in this flashback was in third person view (to make the audience of the show understand more cleary about the event), which in reality - she should have seen the past through aang, from his sight-1st person view. That would make less sense if this was reacted from that cliche which isn't how it suppose to work. Another problem would be that this would be to similar/same thing of Spiritual Projection (or Astral Projection if you will, performed by Jinora in Book 3 and Book 4), allowing to wonder around the person in we put the user in spectator mode (I know that devs can locked the player in place in spectator realm unless there is a limitation, but there might sometimes be an issue to see the player from certain angle). All I want the avatar to be capable of seeing the viepoint from that target, to finds that players whereabouts or what's going on around him.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
What are you trying to say? I'm not getting you on that way.
Still Korra manage to see Aang's history (I know she only did throught her past self but still.... same principle of Aang-Katara). While in most shows/movies, the cliche that happen in this flashback was in third person view (to make the audience of the show understand more cleary about the event), which in reality - she should have seen the past through aang, from his sight-1st person view. That would make less sense if this was reacted from that cliche which isn't how it suppose to work. Another problem would be that this would be to similar/same thing of Spiritual Projection (or Astral Projection if you will, performed by Jinora in Book 3 and Book 4), allowing to wonder around the person in we put the user in spectator mode (I know that devs can locked the player in place in spectator realm unless there is a limitation, but there might sometimes be an issue to see the player from certain angle). All I want the avatar to be capable of seeing the viepoint from that target, to finds that players whereabouts or what's going on around him.
Aang didn't see Kataras past! -_- That was his vision of her. Only avatars can see avatars past! Avatars cannot see into other people...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Aang didn't see Kataras past! -_- That was his vision of her. Only avatars can see avatars past! Avatars cannot see into other people...
That still is some avatar shit...Let's think that he did in fact knew she got captured and not some emotional issue triggering false intuition. Because let's face it, he could have seen much worse than that.

I might lose this discussion, because I can't think of any evidences that happen, so another option would be like you said, allow the user to enter one of the past avatars that (s)he chooses in current time (obviously in minecraft you can't see past actions).

Status
Not open for further replies.