• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Astral Projection (Air)

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vidcom

My personal interpretation concerning what elements can do what is that anyone can meditate into the spirit world, but ONLY airbenders can make their body explore the physical world, such as seen with Zaheer and Jinora in Legend of Korra

Blockkkster

Verified Member
well how is it only their souls can leave their bodies?
It's not like astral projection though. This spiritual gate allows them to enter the spirit world, while astral projection is projecting your spirit in the physical world which is where the airbending part comes in I bet.

[EDIT] ^ Is pretty much what Vid said..

After all, didn't avatar Wan learn all four elements before he had bound with Raava permanently?
He could only use fire unless Raava went in and "switched" his bending capabilities. He couldn't use them all until he was bound with Raava.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I actually didn't realize that she lost the other elements during the fight. If she was only using water for a time then I must have assumed that it must have been the most abundant element around. But I didn't know that Raava was the reason that Korra was able to bend the other elements. After all, didn't avatar Wan learn all four elements before he had bound with Raava permanently?
yes, but raava held 3 of them for him until the merge.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
My personal interpretation concerning what elements can do what is that anyone can meditate into the spirit world, but ONLY airbenders can make their body explore the physical world, such as seen with Zaheer and Jinora in Legend of Korra
oh, thats right, Aiwei projected his spirit into the spirit world to meet with zaheer.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I actually didn't realize that she lost the other elements during the fight. If she was only using water for a time then I must have assumed that it must have been the most abundant element around. But I didn't know that Raava was the reason that Korra was able to bend the other elements. After all, didn't avatar Wan learn all four elements before he had bound with Raava permanently?
He learned them but he couldn't access them without her.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I would like to know more on as to how far the spiritual projection should be allowed to go, in my opinion it should be able to roam indefinitely. Jinora traveled cities from far away and through solid cave walls underground. She could also focus on a humans energy and project herself to them.
Let me know what you all think.

~Apple<3

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
I would like to know more on as to how far the spiritual projection should be allowed to go, in my opinion it should be able to roam indefinitely. Jinora traveled cities from far away and through solid cave walls underground. She could also focus on a humans energy and project herself to them.
Let me know what you all think.

~Apple<3
I actually thought about that, but if this idea was seen as op it would have been immediately shot down by the developers. It WOULD be cool if you could use a command to link with another player, being able to project to them instantly no matter how far. I think that you shouldn't be able to go REALLY far, but distance could be decided.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
I rewatched season one and two, and in that scene I was really hoping that she'd try bending or something, but she never does. She goes straight to the tree of time and turns into the blue Korra and has a power rangers style battle with Unalac. I'm not sure if she would have been able to use the other elements or not. Raava didn't restore her bending when Amon somehow severed her connection to the other elements using physical bloodbending. I wish there was more information on this throughout the series. My guess is that if she in fact was severed from airbending, if Zahere ever lost airbending he would still be able to astral project. Not sure tho :p

V

Vidcom

I rewatched season one and two, and in that scene I was really hoping that she'd try bending or something, but she never does. She goes straight to the tree of time and turns into the blue Korra and has a power rangers style battle with Unalac. I'm not sure if she would have been able to use the other elements or not. Raava didn't restore her bending when Amon somehow severed her connection to the other elements using physical bloodbending. I wish there was more information on this throughout the series. My guess is that if she in fact was severed from airbending, if Zahere ever lost airbending he would still be able to astral project. Not sure tho :p
She didn't lose her elements, as she is seen bending post-Raava-removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.