• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Armor Burning Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Fire
Use: This would increase the amount of burning damage armored opponents get, in most cases that is. It is realistic to think that metal conducts heat, so that is why it makes sense. This would also make fire do more durability damage to armor, since it melts it and let's it reharden to a more brittle metal then before.
Iron: double the heat damage, 5 durability lost per burn tick, and would increase damage by 100%.
Gold: Gold is very easily melt able in real life, so it would have 7 durability damage per hit burn tick, and would increase fire damage by 200%.
Leather: Leather can be burn't with little to no effect in real life, so it stands to reason leather can decrease burn damage, and would only take 2 durability damage per fire tick.
Diamond: This should take no durability per fire tick, and, I honestly don't know if it should increase fire damage, decrease fire damage, or stay the same. Say down in the comments.
EarthArmor: even less burn damage then before, like 70% less.

owlcool

Verified Member
This ought to make people that cheat and use armor in bendarena's be very wary of repeating the same crime.
Also, this should be configurable on and off, and plenty of places in between.

Kiam

Verified Member
Because of the fact that even a small, controlled flame cant melt metals, I do not think it would be logical to make it so firebenders can melt metal armor from a distance.

owlcool

Verified Member
Because of the fact that even a small, controlled flame cant melt metals, I do not think it would be logical to make it so firebenders can melt metal armor from a distance.
The thing is, it is not melting the armor, it is effecting the person wearing it. Simple science of conduction.

Kiam

Verified Member
Metal also doesnt catch fire, so... unless you had a continued blast of fire, it wouldnt make a difference. Someone wearing metal armor in the series would not catch fire, as they would be protected from blasts. The only way to cause heat conduction like that would be a core move that acts as firebreath.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This ought to make people that cheat and use armor in bendarena's be very wary of repeating the same crime.
Also, this should be configurable on and off, and plenty of places in between.
About the bending arena armor, most arenas have a separate inventory than survival.

owlcool

Verified Member
About the bending arena armor, most arenas have a separate inventory than survival.
This thread is denied, so I don't see the point in arguing. Anyways, in some cases certain people would bunker down in bending arena's and mine up ore, that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.