• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Animation Suspension (*repost*)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Might fit better for RPG, but I'm not sure.

Q: "Avatarstate gives you regeneration, so what's the point?"
A: Well, let's talk about that. Avatarstate with regeneration is the problem itself. There was a debate about it somewhere, but anyway I'm just gonna conclude: it's op and not canon. Remember when avatarstate intentionally avatarstate first time, before Azula (almost) killed him? Well, the regeneration wasn't that quite accurate, and if somebody reenacted her role in minecraft, I can guarantee that they 9 out of 10 likehood oods would fail to end the avatar. The Regeneration effect should kick-in and be slower than ever, while in the first two/three seconds of AS activation should be dictated in granting the avater immunity while with half an heart left.

There was a thread of this before, and something similar to what I said was included. All I'm doing is giving arguments to the question in a summarized way.

Q: "Use Healingwaters then?"
A: http://projectkorra.com/threads/nerfs.4443/ (after these changes are applied, it is then reasonable to create Animation Suspension).
==========================================================================
1) I'm gonna let you all know that I myself I don't actually know how suspended animation works, nor how to trigger it. This Combo is just a mere example on how I imagine from my speculation an avatar would freeze himself.
AirBubble (tap shift) >>
AirBlast (left click) >>
AirShield (tap shift)>>
IceBullet (form) >>
WaterBubble (tap shift) >>
PhaseChange (left click)

or...
2)
Apply it to normal freezing aspect (Surge, Torrent, ect.) when in avatarstate mode.

Q: "What use does it have?"
A:
Applications:
  • Stops hunger! Stops hunger's side effect (aka. hp lost)
  • "Freezes" both positive (to make it fair) and negative status effects.
    • Meaning, when the avatar is freed/ice-thaws, or any way exists hibernation, the status effect will continue where their duration was left on.
  • Bigger ice + harder to break (give it obsidian hardness)
Indirect applications are:
  • Gives plenty enough of time for your friends to rush or tp to your surviving aid, in order to save you by bringing food resource when you're in food stockage.
  • ...?
And of course, it canon:

15727162_1205150969532970_2738161360912212885_n.jpg

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Might fit better for RPG, but I'm not sure.

Q: "Avatarstate gives you regeneration, so what's the point?"
A: Well, let's talk about that. Avatarstate with regeneration is the problem itself. There was a debate about it somewhere, but anyway I'm just gonna conclude: it's op and not canon. Remember when avatarstate intentionally avatarstate first time, before Azula (almost) killed him? Well, the regeneration wasn't that quite accurate, and if somebody reenacted her role in minecraft, I can guarantee that they 9 out of 10 likehood oods would fail to end the avatar. The Regeneration effect should kick-in and be slower than ever, while in the first two/three seconds of AS activation should be dictated in granting the avater immunity while with half an heart left.

There was a thread of this before, and something similar to what I said was included. All I'm doing is giving arguments to the question in a summarized way.

Q: "Use Healingwaters then?"
A: http://projectkorra.com/threads/nerfs.4443/ (after these changes are applied, it is then reasonable to create Animation Suspension).
==========================================================================
1) I'm gonna let you all know that I myself I don't actually know how suspended animation works, nor how to trigger it. This Combo is just a mere example on how I imagine from my speculation an avatar would freeze himself.
AirBubble (tap shift) >>
AirBlast (left click) >>
AirShield (tap shift)>>
IceBullet (form) >>
WaterBubble (tap shift) >>
PhaseChange (left click)

or...
2)
Apply it to normal freezing aspect (Surge, Torrent, ect.) when in avatarstate mode.

Q: "What use does it have?"
A:
Applications:
  • Stops hunger! Stops hunger's side effect (aka. hp lost)
  • "Freezes" both positive (to make it fair) and negative status effects.
    • Meaning, when the avatar is freed/ice-thaws, or any way exists hibernation, the status effect will continue where their duration was left on.
  • Bigger ice + harder to break (give it obsidian hardness)
Indirect applications are:
  • Gives plenty enough of time for your friends to rush or tp to your surviving aid, in order to save you by bringing food resource when you're in food stockage.
  • ...?
And of course, it canon:

I like it, but the only part I dislike is the fact that Aang in the avatar state was not concious of what he was doing, he had his memories but was not in control of the Avatar State. It should also cancel upon the cancelation of the Avatar state, or if someone breaks the ice.

I do believe it is impossible to give a block obsidian level hardness without actually making it obsidian, or giving the player mining fatique when they attack it.