• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

An improvement to EarthBlast

Should this be added?

• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was thinking about something simmilar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Verified Member
So i was thinking:
If you could move the crosshairs while holding shift, multiple blocks would be marked as ready-to-be-used
blocks. This would split the damage equally to every blast, i guess.
Such move would provide defense, and a nice offense!

Also, if there could be a passive of Earth(or any element, i'm not trying to make earth overpowered) called Concentration (or any better name?). If you score multiple successful hits over the enemy, cooldowns to other chargeable moves decrease, and damage increases too, every time you hit! Unless you miss, and you will get weaker attacks, but not equally proportional to the bonus given by Concentration.This passive can also be stopped if you cease to attack your opponent in 5 seconds.
Maybe this will not be added, but i felt like it had to be suggested.

PS: this would only be added to moves like Earthblast, Fireblast, Shockwave, and other chargeable and basic moves.

Hope i will get more help in building this move, or at least some answers!

:)

Kwesi

Verified Member
The multiple EarthBlast idea seems a bit redundant: having multiple EarthBlasts that deal the same damage as one seems too visually overwhelming and would cause unnecessary lag in a lot of situations.

Concentration seems overpowered, I'm afraid to say. Benders can already spam certain basic abilities like EarthBlast very easily. By default these abilities already deal a fairly great amount of damage and combining that with spamming makes it already quite easy to kill with minimal skill. Adding this would just make it rediculously easy with extremely little effort.

I understand how it could have spiced things up, but it's just not balanced, so I can't agree with this suggestion.

Adam

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure i said the damage is being split to each blast.And of course, this is not the final product of my imagination about this ideas......That's why I asked for opinions. And I thank you for your answer!
:D

Kwesi

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure i said the damage is being split to each blast.And of course, this is not the final product of my imagination about this ideas......That's why I asked for opinions. And I thank you for your answer!
:D
I'm pretty sure you said that too. Wouldn't that mean that each EarthBlast source that has been selected at one time will have the damage of each divided equally among them if hitting a target?

Another thing about this feature is EarthBlast redirection could get messy easily.

Adam

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure you said that too. Wouldn't that mean that each EarthBlast source that has been selected at one time will have the damage of each divided equally among them if hitting a target?

Another thing about this feature is EarthBlast redirection could get messy easily.
Indeed, redirection might be a mess :/........ haven't thought about that!
And i think i got the misunderstanding(unless i haven't understood what you said).I was trying to say the damage of the original Earth Blast (4 damage) would be divided into, four blasts, each one of them would inflict one half of a heart.

My whole idea about this division is this:
More strikes are coming from the front.You use the move to have four different blasts.Each one has the potential of blocking one enemy hit.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Indeed, redirection might be a mess :/........ haven't thought about that!
And i think i got the misunderstanding(unless i haven't understood what you said).I was trying to say the damage of the original Earth Blast (4 damage) would be divided into, four blasts, each one of them would inflict one half of a heart.

My whole idea about this division is this:
More strikes are coming from the front.You use the move to have four different blasts.Each one has the potential of blocking one enemy hit.
Okay, so yes, I did understand what you meant by damage division.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
1) I agree with Kwesi, redirection would be a giant mess
2) The title is a little pretentious. You say improvement as if EarthBlast was in someway flawed.

Adam

Verified Member
1) I agree with Kwesi, redirection would be a giant mess
2) The title is a little pretentious. You say improvement as if EarthBlast was in someway flawed.
1) Yes, just realized.
2)I didn't meant to, sorry if this is what you thought.

Also, i think i could just Raise Earth and block all of, it would be much more practical :/

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
1) Yes, just realized.
2)I didn't meant to, sorry if this is what you thought.

Also, i think i could just Raise Earth and block all of, it would be much more practical :/
There isn't always enough earth to use raise earth.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
What? All I'm saying is that there are cases when the earth is only one block thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.