• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Airshield Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
At 4:52 in this video you can see how Aang uses a version of airshield that was present in the show, but is different in the plugin.

Okay, my proposal is to add knockback to airshield, and reduce the range of airshield shift to that of fireshield shift. And also that there should be airshield click, to produce a thin line of air that can block attacks like watermanipulation, and not have knockback, because of 6:45 in this video.
Do you see what I am getting at? Airbending is potentially the fastest, lightest on the feet element there is. Why there are some few possible exceptions, Such as Zaheer, we don't usually use benders that have a style unique to themselves as a basis to their element. So basically, to keep airbenders from making a defensive airshield that is rarely shown in the show, if ever, to change it to push back airbenders, making it more essential to airbending to dodge then to block, since you might end up into lava or etc if you use the shield.

Last edited:

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
1) you can reduce the range of airshield in the config.
2) instead of a line of air I think it should be more like a smooth circular motion as seen at 0:54 in the clip you know jut to make it look better and make it stand out.
3) I don't think airshield reduces knockback it prob is just the fact that the player is shifting (might be wrong on this one).

Chickenemerald

Verified Member
Idk how that circular motion could work, the most is from torrent mabey but all around you, I still think the original idea should work

owlcool

Verified Member
1) you can reduce the range of airshield in the config.
2) instead of a line of air I think it should be more like a smooth circular motion as seen at 0:54 in the clip you know jut to make it look better and make it stand out.
3) I don't think airshield reduces knockback it prob is just the fact that the player is shifting (might be wrong on this one).
3. You recieve no knockback from attacks like fireblast, I am suggesting that you would even if they get shielded.
2. Not a bad idea from a glance, but it needs more detail.
1. Air is a evasive and mobile element. In what sense does it make for a airbender to slowly creep toward you with a airshield, pushing you towards lava? No sense? No airbender had very good stationary defense, unless it is something involving more then one airbender, in which case people still got through the shield.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
2) what I mean by that is (like owlcool suggested) something similar to fireshield's click ability only that the particles would have a swirling motion and a circular outline like firespin only vertical.
1) agreed.

owlcool

Verified Member
2) what I mean by that is (like owlcool suggested) something similar to fireshield's click ability only that the particles would have a swirling motion and a circular outline like firespin only vertical.
1) agreed.
2. Great idea, thanks for the detail, but if that was so then it should also take knockback....

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
2. Great idea, thanks for the detail, but if that was so then it should also take knockback....
I agree with the fact that it should take knockback yea but I believe that it should be toggleble on/off just to allow for optimal configuration xD

Status
Not open for further replies.