• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed AirBlast Catapulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovi3684

Verified Member
  • Which plugin you are using ProjectKorra
  • Which version of the plugin you are using (Can be found with /bending version) ProjectKorra v1.6.0 BETA 15
  • Where the bug exists (Is it in an ability, a command, etc) The bug I am reporting is AirBlast Catapult
  • A detailed description of the bug you found. When a user looks at the ground, taps shift, looks up, jumps and left clicks, they go flying up really fast really high. In the arena there is this one troll who does it all the time. It is literally without any exaggeration at all 100% IMPOSSIBLE to kill him. Skilled users can use this to fly at mach speed without ever falling.
  • What should be happening instead I understand Airbending needed to be buffed but this is absurd, the player can just jump up and down, and don't say "Hit him with fireblast" because he moves around in the air using Airblast, literally he airblasts from side to side. If he falls, he uses airshield and blocks all incoming attacks, then when he hits the ground he jumps back up again. My suggestion is that we simply fix this glitch so that airbenders aren't leaping demigods.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
It really isn't a glitch, it's just using the mechanics of airblast... You can easily debuff airblast if you ever so choose.

Shadow_8472

Verified Member
I thought it was cool when I discovered this ability while farming jungle trees near a desert village on the old plugin. Now, I use the plugin as an augmented survival and not so much PVP, and I like it the way it is, but I think adding a cooldown would diminish its more obvious affects, like blowing opponents around the area.

paliate

Verified Member
This is not a bug, It is a method of using airblast, just like airjetting that you pointed out in the first post.
Although airblast is more controllable then catapult.

This has been around since the beginning of the original bending plugin and will most likely be around forever.
I'm sorry that the people around you are using it in a way that you see unfair but it's not fair for everyone to not have airblast because someone misused it.

My apologies, again.

owlcool

Verified Member
Explain how this is any less OP then Catapult, Catapult goes even further
Catapult's only use is catapulting. Airblast can be used for knockback, knockback damage, and catapulting. Airblast is more overpowered then catapult.

Joeri

Verified Member
Catapult's only use is catapulting. Airblast can be used for knockback, knockback damage, and catapulting. Airblast is more overpowered then catapult.
We aren't talking about multi-tasking though, We are talking about the launching. I never said "Explain how airblast is any less OP then catapult" But i said "Explain how this is any less OP then Catapult" this = refferring to the launch function

owlcool

Verified Member
We aren't talking about multi-tasking though, We are talking about the launching. I never said "Explain how airblast is any less OP then catapult" But i said "Explain how this is any less OP then Catapult" this = refferring to the launch function
If you only refer to the blast function, there is another way airbending's is more powerful. While yes, you can catapult from underwater in which case you either almost drown a lot(Why are you using catapult as a earthbender underwater?), but airbending's catapult works on any surface other then water and lava(Catapult underwater is less efficient then just being in a wooden boat, and air has airspout so this doesn't really count, and catapult doesn't work on lava so that point doesn't really count either). Can catapult work on obsidian? It can't. Can Airblast? It can. Just another little detail. And another difference, with catapult you are risking falling to your death into a tree or similar block every time. With air, that is a much less dangerous scenario. Sure, you might fall into lava. Just like a earthbender using catapult might. Just another little detail.

dovi3684

Verified Member
"What's the difference between AirBlast and Catapult? Catapult goes much higher!"
First of all, Catapult is the only real mobility move that earthbenders can use. Without it, they're basically stuck to the ground.
Secondly, AirBlast is a lot more powerful than Catapult because skilled users such as myself have developed a way to stay in the air until my mouse dies. Catapult can be used once and then you will shoot down and hit the ground unable to use it again for over a second. AirBlast on the other hand can be used over and over again with no cooldown whatsoever.

AirBenders have enough mobility as it is, they don't need AirBlast catapulting. I mean seriously, they can just jump in the air, move side to side IN THE AIR, it's literally impossible to kill them because the smart ones descend with AirShield active. As soon as they land and see that they have an open hit they just start AirSwiping and AirSweeping me. When they see an incoming attack, this same procedure takes place again.

Airbenders should not be kangaroo gods and we all know this, it is way too overpowered. The word "balanced" does not exist in a bending arena with an airbender so long as AirBlast Catapult still works.

owlcool

Verified Member
It should still work, but maybe there should be some cooldowns on it, and whatnot. Charging fireburst is another good idea to kill off some catapulting airbenders.

dovi3684

Verified Member
It should still work, but maybe there should be some cooldowns on it, and whatnot. Charging fireburst is another good idea to kill off some catapulting airbenders.
Obviously you don't understand the situation.
It is possible to AirBlast yourself as you descend making it impossible for the opposing foe to hit you. Furthermore, you can also descend using AirShield which will block FireBurst.

The only way to hit the target as it descends is to hit him with lightning which isn't easy since he moves side to side in the air while descending.

owlcool

Verified Member
Well anyways, this is not how we do things. The point of this was to report a bug, and it was not a bug. So it should be changed to fixed and a suggestion should be made to debuff airbending's airburst catapult if you want to continue working with this argument.

V

Vidcom

If he's moving, he can't hit you. If he somehow can, then give neccesary defense. Earthbenders are good at catching these guys, because all you need is a pivotal time to slow them down a little. Once you've done that, keep using knockback moves on them so they can't be in one place for any time. If they can do that, then he has a root to airblast off.

dovi3684

Verified Member
If he's moving, he can't hit you. If he somehow can, then give neccesary defense. Earthbenders are good at catching these guys, because all you need is a pivotal time to slow them down a little. Once you've done that, keep using knockback moves on them so they can't be in one place for any time. If they can do that, then he has a root to airblast off.
He jumps side to side, straight and backwards, everywhere. That wont work. Something must be done about this.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Catapult is earth, thus it is more in balance due to the mass plethora of damaging earth moves, while air only has a couple moves that can deal any damage, that of which isn't usually direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.