• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AIR UPDATE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkael

Verified Member
it would be cool to add more for air. this is my idea.
GLIDING
this would be passive. air bender would glide down to earth instead of just dropping. that way it look more like they are using the air. it would be like falling into water but in the air.
GLIDER
like gliding but this would be a item you make. while in your hands you can glide down and up and any way like flying but more smooth.
AIR MEDITATION
i would like the ability to sit on slabs and go into sitting mode and then go into specter mode. you would need to bind this and then hit the ender button. in order to leave hit it again. you would only be able to look and see and move in specter mode and when you hit ender to leave you would go back to you body so you cant just cheat. (this could be for all elements i just say air because i only see air meditating)
AIR SLICE
this is a bind ability. this would de about 1-2 hearts of damage but has a medium cool down so you cant spam it.
ALL BALL (UPDATE FOR AIR SCOOTER?)
i would like this to be bind but you toggle it and then you will go into sitting mode and be able to go up 1 block things. just a idea.
AIR SPACE
this would be bind and it launches mobs players and entities into the air dealing no damage but fall damage.
SILLY IDEA
can air bender tame bats so i can make things like momo (i don't really expect this to happen just would be cool)
CYCLONE
it would be bound and it would be a tornado but straight out and it would spin mobs and push them.
or it could be a better version on tornado. this one can pick up players.
COOLING STUFF
i would like it if all air moves could cool lava and fire or at least in a larger area.
AIR CRUSH
this would push players into the ground giving them slowness and dealing 1/4-1/2 hearts per second. to get out all you need to do is jump a bunch but you will still get slowness.
AIR CLING
this would be a bind or passive move. the would let the bender run on walls and maybe the ceiling but it would only last for 5-10 seconds.
AIR PUNCH
this would be bound and it would deal 1 heart damage and has a short cool down. and dealing 1-2 blocks knock back.
FOOD
this might be stupid but air benders maybe cant eat meat like the monks. but bread and things like that maybe would feed you more.
AIR SOUND
this would be bound. it would work be hitting your opponent and they would get nausea, weakness, slowness for about 5-10 seconds.

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS. I WILL MAKE ANOTHER PAGE LATER.

THIS WOULD BE HOW YOU WOULD MAKE THE GLIDER.
2014-08-11_23.39.32.png

Elzoz

Verified Member
okay im not a concept guy but il give you a run down

glider: well firstly you are making an comparing with the mod glider and it cant be that good since we cant add a new item with a new look, but i still think i should be added so how since its a crucial thing for airbenders

meditation: either to do spirit projection or geting in to the spirit world this move is still some thing far ahead and its already talking about it in other parts of the forum.

air slice: airswipe is kinda the same :s

airball: we have already talked about this -_-

air space: well if you really want to send a play up in the air you have airblast, just shift use it under them and then go under them while the are in the air and do it again...

about momo: this doesnt have anything to the core plugin to do :s

cyclone: its a bit to up and just try to master tornado instead :p

cool lava: well you can either do airscooter over the lava or use airblast and i belive mayby airswipe aswell to cool it down :p

air crush: its a new idea, but i dont see that happend in the serie :s

air cling: this as a passive would be awesome tho, but like maximum 3 blocks or somthing and then be able to jump away from it.

id like to see my modified version of air punch but im not shure what the devs like it or not to be honest :s

food: well could be implemented into the rpg plugin.

air sound:i dont think its a crucial skill to be honest :s

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Air cling isnt possible with any modicum of good graphics. It would look like they are either spiderman climbing a wall or someone with a sticky head, since we CANNOT change player rotation with a plugin.

V

Vidcom

CONCEPT DESIGNER INCOMING here to respond to your things.

GLIDING: This was in Orion's, AirGlide. I'm hoping we see something like this, but not entirely neccesary, since you can use tornado and airspout to catch your fall easily.

GLIDER: We're complete nerds here, I'd expect it to come.

MEDITATION: This is hard... Meditating is fairly complex to describe and pull off in real life, never mind coding it. How would you direct where you go if it's Astral? What happens to your player model??

AIRSLICE: You mean AirSwipe?

AIRBALL: You mean AirScooter but easier to use?

AIRSPACE: You mean AirBlast?

SILLY IDEA: That is silly.

CYCLONE: Not bad...

COOLING LAVA: AirBurst.

AIRCRUSH: No. This is just weird and doesn't even make sense. Air is not the source of gravity, and a downwards wind would not affect this.

AIRCLING: This exact technique has been demonstrated... by earthbenders. The ability to run on walls is an Earth thing since they technically manipulate gravity. Air is NOT the source of gravity.

AIRPUNCH: This is just a punch really.

FOOD: I get your approach, but that's more a Monk thing, not an Airbending thing. They're not complete intertwined.

AIRSOUND: This is just SmokeScreen but even stronger for airbenders and I don't entirely see the point of it.

Any CDs reading this, I hope your judgements are the same as mine. Thanks for reading.

masterkael

Verified Member
ok thanks for the feedback. for one think meditation you would go into specter mode and just leave your body behind and be able to see around but not actually go to it just view it and your body gets left behind. this is the projection thing but it would be cool if we could also sit on slabs.
AIR CLING
in TLA you can see aang running on walls and on the ceiling.
for the rest i was just saying what i felt so i know they are stupid.
GLIDER
i know that we cant make a glider like a mod.
GLIDING
i would like air benders to glide down to earth. please this would be awesome.
as for the rest this were just ideas.
FOOD
it would be cool but you are right not all air bender are vegetarians. but in TLA aren't the air benders all monks or nomads.
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR FEED BACK. THIS IS MY FIRST BIG POST.

V

Vidcom

ok thanks for the feedback. for one think meditation you would go into specter mode and just leave your body behind and be able to see around but not actually go to it just view it and your body gets left behind. this is the projection thing but it would be cool if we could also sit on slabs.
AIR CLING
in TLA you can see aang running on walls and on the ceiling.
for the rest i was just saying what i felt so i know they are stupid.
GLIDER
i know that we cant make a glider like a mod.
GLIDING
i would like air benders to glide down to earth. please this would be awesome.
as for the rest this were just ideas.
FOOD
it would be cool but you are right not all air bender are vegetarians. but in TLA aren't the air benders all monks or nomads.
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR FEED BACK. THIS IS MY FIRST BIG POST.
AirCling was him accidentally tapping earthbending we think, since no other airbender uses it, but the Dai Li and Toph do.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Air cling isnt possible with any modicum of good graphics. It would look like they are either spiderman climbing a wall or someone with a sticky head, since we CANNOT change player rotation with a plugin.
Rune had done something as an addon to catapult in the past (WallGrab), the earthbender just had to shift against the wall and they would stay there, but they could sideways catapult off of it.

Cucckoo

Verified Member
The only viable suggestion is the Cyclone. I think it would be an awesome upgrade to Tornado if an airbender could click to shoot the Tornado in a direction. Thanks for compiling all the suggestions btw, I hated looking at all of your ideas in their own single thread. It makes the forums less messy.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What rune added isn't what aircling was. What he wanted was running up the wall as if it was the floor, which isn't possible

Kiam

Verified Member
I'd like to see the gliding added onto airspout, you can shift and you glide down, like on Runefist's server.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I'd like to see the gliding added onto airspout, you can shift and you glide down, like on Runefist's server.
Rune's is on airscooter (makes better since).. If you use it on airspout you won't be able to adjust your height without moving or just breaking your spout..

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
CONCEPT DESIGNER INCOMING here to respond to your things.

GLIDING: This was in Orion's, AirGlide. I'm hoping we see something like this, but not entirely neccesary, since you can use tornado and airspout to catch your fall easily.

GLIDER: We're complete nerds here, I'd expect it to come.

MEDITATION: This is hard... Meditating is fairly complex to describe and pull off in real life, never mind coding it. How would you direct where you go if it's Astral? What happens to your player model??

AIRSLICE: You mean AirSwipe?

AIRBALL: You mean AirScooter but easier to use?

AIRSPACE: You mean AirBlast?

SILLY IDEA: That is silly.

CYCLONE: Not bad...

COOLING LAVA: AirBurst.

AIRCRUSH: No. This is just weird and doesn't even make sense. Air is not the source of gravity, and a downwards wind would not affect this.

AIRCLING: This exact technique has been demonstrated... by earthbenders. The ability to run on walls is an Earth thing since they technically manipulate gravity. Air is NOT the source of gravity.

AIRPUNCH: This is just a punch really.

FOOD: I get your approach, but that's more a Monk thing, not an Airbending thing. They're not complete intertwined.

AIRSOUND: This is just SmokeScreen but even stronger for airbenders and I don't entirely see the point of it.

Any CDs reading this, I hope your judgements are the same as mine. Thanks for reading.
Orion never had a true 'air glide' in his plugin, he had the spam clicking space button version of it. Runefist has airglide on his server, which is an addition to airscooter.

masterkael

Verified Member
ya s
The only viable suggestion is the Cyclone. I think it would be an awesome upgrade to Tornado if an airbender could click to shoot the Tornado in a direction. Thanks for compiling all the suggestions btw, I hated looking at all of your ideas in their own single thread. It makes the forums less messy.
sorry

masterkael

Verified Member
Orion never had a true 'air glide' in his plugin, he had the spam clicking space button version of it. Runefist has airglide on his server, which is an addition to airscooter.
i want air benders to glide down to earth. even if you need to spam space.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok just for you guys I'm gonna make an airglide addon ability for airbenders since it's easy code that I'll put up in the addon abilities section of the forum. Just bind it and hold shift and you will glide instead of fall

Status
Not open for further replies.