• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Air Punch (Not an AirSwipe Copy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaK

Verified Member
Hello, I know this has probably been suggested several times, but I haven't seen it and I am going to go into plenty of detail about the move.

~AirPunch~
AirPunch is a simple blast of air that quickly flows from the users fists to the target. To use, simply left-click in a direction.
Speed: 25
Range: 20
Damage: 3
Push: 2.5 (AirSwipe's push is I, and AirBlast's push is 3.5.)
Cooldown: 1500
This move will be different than AirSwipe, because it will fire a blast of air similar to AirBlast rather than an arc. It will do slightly more damage than AirSwipe, and will have a bit more of a push factor. It would be reasonable to add this so we have another offensive move for air. Yes, Suffocation has been released, but most servers probably wouldn't allow the average Airbender to use this powerful move(EDIT: Apparently Suffocation is now underpowered, and it isn't very strong at all. This gives more of a reason to add AirPunch.). It would be nice to have another offensive air move after both Zaheer and Korra have both shown many air attacks. This isn't a copy of AirSwipe, as it is harder to hit the enemy with and does slightly more damage. It could be really cool to use combination attacks with AirPunch and AirSwipe. I think it would be a great addition to airbending.
-----------------------------
OR

Rather than having more damage, Airpunch could have 0 Cooldown and less damage than Airswipe. It would still be a simple blast though rather than an arc. This would make it even better for combo attacks, considering there would be no cooldown. It would be similarly used to the first gif shown. Thanks to Gahshunk for the suggestion!
-----------------------------

Here are a few gifs displaying AirPunch from the show:

(Yeah, that's a kick, but in Minecraft it's essentially the same thing.)

Feel free to comment and give your opinion. Any suggestions to edits are very welcomed. I hope you like my idea!

Last edited:

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Considering airswipe has a (very short) cool down, I think it'd be nice to have something even weaker in damage that could be used in rapid succession.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yes, Suffocation has been released, but most servers probably wouldn't allow the average Airbender to use this powerful move.
Welp its not powerful anymore. In my opinion its too nerfed, to the point of being almost useless.

NinjaK

Verified Member
Anyone have any other suggestions? The more feedback, the better. I'd love this to be added.

Chen

Verified Member
Maybe increase the push factor slightly? As shown above Amon was completely thrown out the window so that could be replicated.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is one of those slightly different abilities that is not worth being added by itself but if we ever decided to create a combo system then an ability like air punch would be useful in my opinion.

For example Air swipe > air swipe > air blast would cause an air punch.

xX_FireGaming_Xx

Verified Member
This is one of those slightly different abilities that is not worth being added by itself but if we ever decided to create a combo system then an ability like air punch would be useful in my opinion.

ikr he is just copying air blast and air swipe

NinjaK

Verified Member

Do you have any other ideas for a new airbender attack? No seriously. All of the airbender moves are just blasting air at places in different ways. Shooting a blast of air and suffocation are basically the only ways for airbenders to attack.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Do you have any other ideas for a new airbender attack? No seriously. All of the airbender moves are just blasting air at places in different ways. Shooting a blast of air and suffocation are basically the only ways for airbenders to attack.
I agree, there isn't much left to add to Air as far as offensive attacks go. But I think that AirPunch could be useful if we created combo attacks outlined by Gashunk's "The Dancing Dragon" http://projectkorra.com/threads/random-ideas.194/

xX_FireGaming_Xx

Verified Member
accally yes i do i got more than 10

NinjaK

Verified Member
I agree, there isn't much left to add to Air as far as offensive attacks go. But I think that AirPunch could be useful if we created combo attacks outlined by Gashunk's "The Dancing Dragon" http://projectkorra.com/threads/random-ideas.194/
Yes, I agree that it would be great for combination attacks, but I don't think that's even possible to code. If not, the suggestion Gashunk gave on this thread would be great for combo attacks. I'm just tired of spamming AirSwipe, and I would like some variety in my attacks. But I dont want my variety to have to be using large cooldowns and such to do big tornado blast moves or whatever. Airbenders are supposed to be quick and be able to fire quick attacks repeatedly.
If combo attacks aren't possible, I think just having more air attacks you can make some really cool combinations without special coding.

accally yes i do i got more than 10
Would you please list these? I'd really love to hear more air attacks, because not many were shown in the show. Since not many were shown in the show, it should be quite easy to implement a few of them since it's a such small amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.