• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

(Air) [Flight] Flight Nerfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I don't know about you guys, but I honestly find fighting an airbender using flight with enchanted diamond armor on them to be quite annoying. Also the fact that it makes no sense.

A mere piece of ice dragged Zaheer down, so I really don't understand how an airbender can wear iron armor and still fly around, so this is what I suggest.
Since Zaheer was clearing wearing clothes, if an airbender has any armor on that ISN'T leather, they cannot fly.
Simple, but I think it'll put more realism to the move and prevent people from flying around with god armor.
(I'm thinking of making it so that the airbender must have an inventory that doesn't have anything TOO "heavy", but that can get complicated)

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Flight is the idea that airbenders are getting rid of their earthly possession, so in reality, Zaheer would be basically stripped down to his underwear. Having nothing in your hotbar/bag is the case.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Flight is the idea that airbenders are getting rid of their earthly possession, so in reality, Zaheer would be basically stripped down to his underwear. Having nothing in your hotbar/bag is the case.
Be real here. If ICE can weigh him down, the iron armor, much less diamond should make a person to be unable to fly with flight.

promancer

Verified Member
Be real here. If ICE can weigh him down, the iron armor, much less diamond should make a person to be unable to fly with flight.
We're talking about a game where you can wear gold armor... do I need to say anything about being able to carry 64 stacks of gold blocks... One meter high, long, and wide... not to mention if we are being realistic, gold armor would weight far to much for you to wear. It would be useless aswell. Canon is a guideline, not a rule. Also, this should apply to firejet aswell... Amazing how you only seem to pursue air nerfs. The thing about the plugin in relations to the show is that the plugin changes things to make bending fun.

This wouldn't be a revenge thread for the firejet nerf now would it...

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
We're talking about a game where you can wear gold armor... do I need to say anything about being able to carry 64 stacks of gold blocks... One meter high, long, and wide... not to mention if we are being realistic, gold armor would weight far to much for you to wear. It would be useless aswell. Canon is a guideline, not a rule. Also, this should apply to firejet aswell... Amazing how you only seem to pursue air nerfs. The thing about the plugin in relations to the show is that the plugin changes things to make bending fun.

There's two distinctive differences between Firejet and Flight. One being that Flight lasts forever.. While I was thinking of adding somethings like Firejet and SwiftSwim, I think that the main offender with this is flight. And if we really want to be realistic, then you shouldn't be able to airblastjump with armor on (or at least to the same potency),SwiftSwim, or Catapult with weighed armor. However, there's reasons why I didn't particularly add these other moves with this thread

A: Enjoyment - While it may not be the best idea for people like to fly around with God Armor, it's certainly not the most fun for the people who can't fly. The other mobility moves I find different then Flight.

B: Differences - Flight: Lasts forever after take off, to hit a person, all you have to do is stop flying and use that speed + jump boost to easily kill the person (Not complain about the speed though)

Firejet - The longest firejet is JetBlast, which goes at a speed in which you're most likely going to hit once if anything, you're generally easier to hit then a person with flight, you can't really pvp a person to death if they're over water on a spout, earthbenders can raiseearth in front of them to stop your pursuit, chi blockers have the potential to either paralyze you mid flight or paralyze you after and easily kill you. It's also not impossible to torrent a firebender firejetting, which can effectively end the jet if you aim for the feet.

SwiftSwim - Only works in WATER, pretty hard to pvpcombo a person to death if you ask me with the speed. While flight only works in the air, a person shouldn't have to jump in the water to save themselves

Catapult - Unpredictable as hell- you can effectively send yourself flying over land and onto some trees, taking falldmg. EIther way, it's still unpredictable.

AirblastJump - While you have insane mobility with this, (and I mean insane since you can spam this technique, even in the air) if you want to actually hit the person more then once, you're going to have to jump a bit high into the air, which can leave you easily bowed down if you don't airshield or you could just put yourself in a bad position (then again, you can always airblastjump your way out of that position since you can always spam it)

So tell me, do you enjoy having people chase you with flight in God Armor? Because I don't- and I personally don't want to switch to airbending or chi's OP paralyze just to have a fair(er) chance against people who use flight

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Did you not read the thing? I just said you shouldn't have anything in your bag
Hmm.. that's honestly a good idea, but that can be taking things a bit TOO far- I'd imagine Zaheer would be able to carry a wooden sword (if he really wanted to) or his airbending staff while in flight, though I can't imagine the staff being much use while he's flying. If anything, I think that should be a config option, that and which items to blacklist from flight.

promancer

Verified Member
There's two distinctive differences between Firejet and Flight. One being that Flight lasts forever.. While I was thinking of adding somethings like Firejet and SwiftSwim, I think that the main offender with this is flight. And if we really want to be realistic, then you shouldn't be able to airblastjump with armor on (or at least to the same potency),SwiftSwim, or Catapult with weighed armor. However, there's reasons why I didn't particularly add these other moves with this thread

A: Enjoyment - While it may not be the best idea for people like to fly around with God Armor, it's certainly not the most fun for the people who can't fly. The other mobility moves I find different then Flight.

B: Differences - Flight: Lasts forever after take off, to hit a person, all you have to do is stop flying and use that speed + jump boost to easily kill the person (Not complain about the speed though)

Firejet - The longest firejet is JetBlast, which goes at a speed in which you're most likely going to hit once if anything, you're generally easier to hit then a person with flight, you can't really pvp a person to death if they're over water on a spout, earthbenders can raiseearth in front of them to stop your pursuit, chi blockers have the potential to either paralyze you mid flight or paralyze you after and easily kill you. It's also not impossible to torrent a firebender firejetting, which can effectively end the jet if you aim for the feet.

SwiftSwim - Only works in WATER, pretty hard to pvpcombo a person to death if you ask me with the speed. While flight only works in the air, a person shouldn't have to jump in the water to save themselves

Catapult - Unpredictable as hell- you can effectively send yourself flying over land and onto some trees, taking falldmg. EIther way, it's still unpredictable.

AirblastJump - While you have insane mobility with this, (and I mean insane since you can spam this technique, even in the air) if you want to actually hit the person more then once, you're going to have to jump a bit high into the air, which can leave you easily bowed down if you don't airshield or you could just put yourself in a bad position (then again, you can always airblastjump your way out of that position since you can always spam it)

So tell me, do you enjoy having people chase you with flight in God Armor? Because I don't- and I personally don't want to switch to airbending or chi's OP paralyze just to have a fair(er) chance against people who use flight
Canon is a guideline, not a rule. Amazing how you only seem to pursue air nerfs. The thing about the plugin in relations to the show is that the plugin changes things to make bending fun.

Janny

Verified Member
Canon is a guideline, not a rule.
HOLY SHNITZULZ..... THANK YOU! Mind if I use this as a quote? Because this is the most truthful thing I have EVER read on ANY forum.

Okay, first of all, why are you even fighting an airbender with god armor and flight? The best idea there is to just run until backup has come, or try to counter it. Also, I don't think you'd be fighting an airbender with god armor in the arena, or outside the arena if its not a factions server and ESPECIALLY an RPG server like YOU go on. And do you know HOW many people can rekt airbenders with Flight? (And don't respond with "You know HOW MANY people cant rekt airbenders with Flight)

Again, like I said: Nerfing is okay, but nerfing something to the point that it becomes useless is way to far.

(Message for just Kaja)
Who even attacked you with god armor and flight outside the arena? Oh! I know, AUSTYGEN. This is why he shouldn't be in the EK. -_-

SuperBower118

Verified Member
HOLY SHNITZULZ..... THANK YOU! Mind if I use this as a quote? Because this is the most truthful thing I have EVER read on ANY forum.

Okay, first of all, why are you even fighting an airbender with god armor and flight? The best idea there is to just run until backup has come, or try to counter it. Also, I don't think you'd be fighting an airbender with god armor in the arena, or outside the arena if its not a factions server and ESPECIALLY an RPG server like YOU go on. And do you know HOW many people can rekt airbenders with Flight? (And don't respond with "You know HOW MANY people cant rekt airbenders with Flight)

Again, like I said: Nerfing is okay, but nerfing something to the point that it becomes useless is way to far.

(Message for just Kaja)
Who even attacked you with god armor and flight outside the arena? Oh! I know, AUSTYGEN. This is why he shouldn't be in the EK. -_-
Also, ProjectKorra applies for Bending Survival too, plus Flight can still be useful in the arenas since you CAN pretty fly around until you're healed up. And please do go on about how to rekt an airbender with flight. They're killable in the arenas, yes, and if that's your point, then why are saying that it's useless.
Actually when I was Avatar, Rias, I had to help the EK and Junhi at the time was rouge, and an airbender so, ya know, of course he had flight and was using god armor. Luckily ElementalSphere kept me alive.

promancer

Verified Member
Also, ProjectKorra applies for Bending Survival too, plus Flight can still be useful in the arenas since you CAN pretty fly around until you're healed up. And please do go on about how to rekt an airbender with flight. They're killable in the arenas, yes, and if that's your point, then why are saying that it's useless.
Actually when I was Avatar, Rias, I had to help the EK and Junhi at the time was rouge, and an airbender so, ya know, of course he had flight and was using god armor. Luckily ElementalSphere kept me alive.
Pk's goal (I assume) isn't to make mc Tlok or Tla, but to have a mix of both. Just because it's not "fun" for your one element doesn't mean it should be removed. Also, I thought flight was disabled by default, so either your just trying to change what a server owner set purposely or your spouting opinions because of situations already dealt with by pk.

promancer

Verified Member

(Message for just Kaja)
I've got no quarrels with quoting.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Pk's goal (I assume) isn't to make mc Tlok or Tla, but to have a mix of both. Just because it's not "fun" for your one element doesn't mean it should be removed. Also, I thought flight was disabled by default, so either your just trying to change what a server owner set purposely or your spouting opinions because of situations already dealt with by pk.
It's not to make MC TLoK or TLA, I know that much.
http://prntscr.com/8qz0xr
Anyways, even though flight is disabled by default, that doesn't mean that edits can't be made to it. I don't really understand WHY you think I'm spouting opinions because I'm pretty sure that people don't like to be chased and potentially killed by flying diamond people. It just isn't fun, nor very fair to the other 3 elements and chi blockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.