• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Air blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
then you can move the air to make a blade -_- and your comment about water benders was also completely irrelevant to the topic.
There is no reason for an airbender for an airbender to make a sword of air for close range, that isn't realistic to airbending. What would be more realistic is that the sword would be like airswipe, continuously moving forward, but longer ranged, because airswipe isn't as long ranged as it is in the show. Airbending is long ranged like that because it is an evasive element, and stays a distance to keep itself effective. This would be called distancing, something lost on the plugin.

bordalandsdude191

Verified Member
There is no reason for an airbender for an airbender to make a sword of air for close range, that isn't realistic to airbending. What would be more realistic is that the sword would be like airswipe, continuously moving forward, but longer ranged, because airswipe isn't as long ranged as it is in the show. Airbending is long ranged like that because it is an evasive element, and stays a distance to keep itself effective. This would be called distancing, something lost on the plugin.
Zaheer used close range before, and it'd be better if air benders could try something new.

owlcool

Verified Member
Zaheer used close range before, and it'd be better if air benders could try something new.
Yeah, well Zaheer kind of is quite the exception. He was one of the two people that could fly with airbending, could meditate into the spirit world, invented suffocation, etc. For this, he also had a more offensive style of airbending, something that was never seen before.

Last edited:

bordalandsdude191

Verified Member
Yeah, well Zaheer kind of is quite the exception. He was one of the two people that could fly with airbending, could meditate into the spirit world, invented suffocation, etc. For this, he also had a more offensive style of airbending, something that was never seen before.
I see your point, but maybe air would
Be more enjoyable if you could use closer ranged moves instead of clicking with repetitive moves.

promancer

Verified Member
But you CAN make air out of nowhere, I don't see where your going with this...
"Matter cannot be created nor destroyed"
Also, I kind of agree with Borderlandsdud's perspective. Not all waterbenders could use healing waters, but its a public move. Not all earthbenders could metal bend, but in the plugin they can. Not all airbenders could use airspout, but they can in the plugin.
Airswipe. Aircombos. Airshield. Dodge.
Airswipe has low damage and is the only close range move that doesn't suck. Aircombos are COMBOS, not moves. I think Borderland's was suggesting more close ranged moves. Airshield is a defensive move, and we're referring to offensive moves in this thread. Dodge is also defensive.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
The only realistic thing I see this "air sword" being is just a hit with a rapidly flowing air current coming out of the other side...

owlcool

Verified Member
"Matter cannot be created nor destroyed"
Also, I kind of agree with Borderlandsdud's perspective. Not all waterbenders could use healing waters, but its a public move. Not all earthbenders could metal bend, but in the plugin they can. Not all airbenders could use airspout, but they can in the plugin.

Airswipe has low damage and is the only close range move that doesn't suck. Aircombos are COMBOS, not moves. I think Borderland's was suggesting more close ranged moves. Airshield is a defensive move, and we're referring to offensive moves in this thread. Dodge is also defensive.
Airbending is actually a defensive/fast element, and therefor compensates by having low offense, similar to fire, but fire is a fast and offensive element with little defense, etc.

Sketz

Verified Member
Airbending is actually a defensive/fast element, and therefor compensates by having low offense, similar to fire, but fire is a fast and offensive element with little defense, etc.
Air can be offense and defense. You're correct about it being more defensive, but air is a lot more powerful than some people think when offense...
That is if you're really good. :3

Loony

Verified Member
When Airbender's used staffs, it was to focus their Airbending to one place resulting in more damage, not that the staff itself did more damage. Allowing Airbender's to change a stick into a sword makes no sense, denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.