• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Ageism Must Be Recongized

LeafHD_

Verified Member
We all acknowledge sexism and racism, but why barely ageism (also spelled as agism)? A person over the internet stated that "the elderly are useless and should be sent to fight in the middle east instead of young people so they can die instead.". This is very unappealing, it works both ways too, for example, on the internet certain "mature adults" will tell a young person to "F*ck off, you 12 year olds dont know anything and should go watch powerpuff girls instead of being on the internet. #rekt00r3d", this can obviously be said because of a particular argument. I just turned 13 (28/04/15) and I take high offense when people are discriminated because of their age, age doesnt matter when you are still the same person from 20 years ago or gonna be the same person 20 years from now. It saddens me that this is not recognized like Racism or Sexism or th other discrimination types.

I propose that No Ageism be a rule here. I'm just trying to make this community friendly, piece by piece. ✌

Thank You,

ApexHD_

Hero

Verified Member
This person is an example of people that, even if they are lesser time on Earth than others, can still be more mature that others.
You, sir. We need more people like you.
This must be a rule. There are 12 year old who are otherwise very smart.....then the "35 year old" who say get rekt...

Loony

Verified Member
It is recognised but it isn't an issue that happens as often as racism or homophobia. I don't think it's a rule because it probably hasn't happened to an extend where they feel they need to put it in the rules.

owlcool

Verified Member
It is recognised but it isn't an issue that happens as often as racism or homophobia. I don't think it's a rule because it probably hasn't happened to an extend where they feel they need to put it in the rules.
I don't remember an event in which Racism/Homophobia/Sexism all happened at once on projectkorra. It is still against the rules.

Loony

Verified Member
I don't remember an event in which Racism/Homophobia/Sexism all happened at once on projectkorra. It is still against the rules.
I'm talking about in general, not on Project Korra. When people make rules they do not feel the need to state that ageism isn't allowed because it doesn't happen that often.