• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Active Sourcing: Shield, than Torrent

We, waterbenders in this community always drool over and beg to have at least something close to water continuity/reusement. In compesation for saving developing time, we got the thing known as active sourcing.

Problem: First and foremost, I love it, and I think many other passionate waterbenders do to. Though I have a slight problem it, but more with a fallacy of it. You can't maintain the the actively source from surge-shield to torrent. I did talk the reasons why is like that with one of the other fellow staff member, and it made sense. It made sense - If surge was always active selected, waterbenders would abuse the system and mindlessly would spam the firing wave without pointing at the source again in between interval of reselecting it. Though, I find a solution to prevent that and how to introduce the feature in the system I'm suggestion.

Potential Solution:
1. First have, create a coded check to see If the waterbender who selected the source with surge after using the ability switch slots. If they have switch to another ability after using Surge, have the source to reselect automaticly where it was before with the previous ability (Surge). For example, you launch the wave with Surge then the source gets unselected but after that you switch to let's say torrent the source gets selected back automatically.
1.2 After that, make a check and rule that if no other ability was used after Surge and the ability was reswitched back, the source would unselect. For example, you launch the wave with Surge then the source gets unselected but after that you switch to let's say torrent the source gets selectec back automatically, but if change back to Surge again before using torrent or any other (than Surge), the source would deselect.

Reason:
Waterbending is emphasis of being the element of change and on tactics emphasis as changing defense into offense. None of that happens, because one of the reasons that you can't use reuse the source from Surge-Shield to Torrent-blast without it deselecting automaticly. I know that I can simply manually select it back, but what's the point when the system is already implanted, but is broken. Wasn't the first point of introducing it to have it (intentionally to properly) to this task it was coded to do? I gave a solution how to prevent mindless surge spam by abusers of this system, which would also introduce a fix/addition for this mechanic to make it work as its suppose to. This is just a tiny detail fix, but it would change waterbending greatly how its meant to be played.

TL; DR: Just freakin allow surge's bending source to remain active whilst its switch to another slot&ability and not deactivate until another ability (otherthan Surge) is used, so that I can turn my surgeshield into torrent blast (technically).