• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Ability Nerfs

Do you support these possible changes?

• Yes definitely!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
Yeah... and they can always fire jet out....right? If not... just try to not "accidentally" get caught in a lava pool.
Lava is slow as hell, if you run in it your clearly blind

Against a firebender LavaFlow is so UP that even raiseearth would be easyier to kill

Faecous

Verified Member
And you can't even use lava throw..... not only because your source get's destroyed almost immediately but because he freezes the lava mid air into cobble...... It needs a nerf. I crave nerf!

EndersShadows

Verified Member
So Right now I'd say that the plugin is highly unbalanced. I'd like to come with some suggestions to fix it or at least smooth things out a bit.

(The lines separate the different ability highlights.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first move that desperately needs a Nerf is an obvious one, Metal Clips.
As of right now it is very, very OP. Here's why:
Even if you have 1 metal clip on you, you cannot bend, craft, rearrange your inventory and so on.
Let me repeat, If you get hit with ONE clip! ONE! You are doomed. And it's not like the clips are hard to hit either. Just spam and you're sure to hit.
Suggestions on how to fix:

Cool down:
Give it a serious cool down:
After having fired all 4 iron bars go ahead and give it a serious cool down.
An in between cool down: You can only shoot one clip per second, So It can't be spammed.

Reducing the control time:
Reduce the timer of the ability to control someone from 10 seconds to something like 5-3 seconds. And after you have controlled them you would have to refit the clips. I know that this might seem a bit much, which is why I suggest a small buff to compensate/new ability

Launch/trip/throw:
As a buff they could be able to launch someone a few blocks into the air, removing their fall dmg negating passive for enough time for them to take fall DMG. Only so high that they take 2-2.5 hearts worth of fall DMG though, not more than that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT ABILITY!

The new ability that I think needs a Nerf is the fire benders ability to cool down lava instantaneously.
Contrary to my belief fire benders can in fact cool lava with great concentration using a technique similar to how they would redirect lightning. As such it does not happen instantaneously in the series. They have to stand there concentrating for some time to draw the heat out from the lava in form of.... (Heat? (Air maybe I don't really know") xD
There is a reason fire benders don't do this to lava benders in battle, It is because it is not a battle technique. It is slow and unpractical, turning you into a stationary target for some time. It is not something that should be able to cool down lava faster then the lava bender can create it. As of right now the fire benders can freeze lava throw mid air using heat control. To me this is very, very unrealistic and not fair. Although I will admit is that lava bending needs a Nerf but that is something servers can decide for themselves (Using the configuration options)

(Note, this is only a nerf to cool down lava. Not extinguish fire or melt water.)

Fix suggestions:

Charge time extension

Turn it into a charge ability, something that would be handy while mining and to clear up the aftermath of lava bending but not something that is practical enough to use while battling.
Charge time: 10-15 seconds. This is to make it realistic.

I know you people probably expect me to want to nerf lava. But that nerfing is for the server owners to do with the configurable's. One of the reasons I think things like lava surge is not op is because it is so hard to hit... because of the delay. And yes I know a couple of tips and tricks with lava surge to make it almost instantaneous but the the source is so small you have to be super precise to hit at all.
I think that is about it.... If any of you have any suggestions as to what other abilleties I should compare to the series version please comment down bellow. And don't forget to vote!
"Highly unbalanced"
*Names only one thing that legit seems op*

*Cough* Was that all, or were you going to mention more about what could be making the plugin unbalanced?

Kiam

Verified Member
Actually Metal isn't that expensive to use... Because you don't loose your iron.... unless you're careless.
What I meant was that it's not easy to hit if you dont have a lot of iron. You have to conserve it.

Adam

Verified Member
Um.... indeed, HeatControl seems a bit...... weird. I mean, really, how can you cool lava in mid air?
It should at least hit you with the cobblestone block!
And Metal Clips..... i'm sure that until the Official Version of 1.5, it will be adjusted.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
a good nerf for heatcontrol should be: you can't use heatcontrol against someone bending lava, cause the lavabender still have control over the lava, when you use lavaflow, you are still bending the lava on the earth, when using lavathrow you are still bending the lava in the air, so the firebender should not be able to use heat control against a lava that is being controlled.

that's my suggestion for the heatcontrol nerf

for the metalclips nothing, metalclips is good as it is now.

David

Verified Member
So Right now I'd say that the plugin is highly unbalanced. I'd like to come with some suggestions to fix it or at least smooth things out a bit.

(The lines separate the different ability highlights.)
The first move that desperately needs a Nerf is an obvious one, Metal Clips.
As of right now it is very, very OP. Here's why:
Even if you have 1 metal clip on you, you cannot bend, craft, rearrange your inventory and so on.
Let me repeat, If you get hit with ONE clip! ONE! You are doomed. And it's not like the clips are hard to hit either. Just spam and you're sure to hit.
Suggestions on how to fix:

Cool down:
Give it a serious cool down:
After having fired all 4 iron bars go ahead and give it a serious cool down.
An in between cool down: You can only shoot one clip per second, So It can't be spammed.

Reducing the control time:
Reduce the timer of the ability to control someone from 10 seconds to something like 5-3 seconds. And after you have controlled them you would have to refit the clips. I know that this might seem a bit much, which is why I suggest a small buff to compensate/new ability

Launch/trip/throw:
As a buff they could be able to launch someone a few blocks into the air, removing their fall dmg negating passive for enough time for them to take fall DMG. Only so high that they take 2-2.5 hearts worth of fall DMG though, not more than that.

NEXT ABILITY!

The new ability that I think needs a Nerf is the fire benders ability to cool down lava instantaneously.
Contrary to my belief fire benders can in fact cool lava with great concentration using a technique similar to how they would redirect lightning. As such it does not happen instantaneously in the series. They have to stand there concentrating for some time to draw the heat out from the lava in form of.... (Heat? (Air maybe I don't really know") xD
There is a reason fire benders don't do this to lava benders in battle, It is because it is not a battle technique. It is slow and unpractical, turning you into a stationary target for some time. It is not something that should be able to cool down lava faster then the lava bender can create it. As of right now the fire benders can freeze lava throw mid air using heat control. To me this is very, very unrealistic and not fair. Although I will admit is that lava bending needs a Nerf but that is something servers can decide for themselves (Using the configuration options)

(Note, this is only a nerf to cool down lava. Not extinguish fire or melt water.)

Fix suggestions:

Charge time extension

Turn it into a charge ability, something that would be handy while mining and to clear up the aftermath of lava bending but not something that is practical enough to use while battling.
Charge time: 10-15 seconds. This is to make it realistic.

I know you people probably expect me to want to nerf lava. But that nerfing is for the server owners to do with the configurable's. One of the reasons I think things like lava surge is not op is because it is so hard to hit... because of the delay. And yes I know a couple of tips and tricks with lava surge to make it almost instantaneous but the the source is so small you have to be super precise to hit at all.
I think that is about it.... If any of you have any suggestions as to what other abilleties I should compare to the series version please comment down bellow. And don't forget to vote!
I agree with the Metal Clips. I feel like Metal Clips is extremely OP. The Firebending nerf doesn't seem to be that important but I think it'd be cool to slow it down as it would give developers a chance to add an animation to it which would be really cool.

GreenNickel

Verified Member
I agree with you on the fire benders being able to instantly cool lava. It is indeed too strong in my opinion.

orfeas

Verified Member
Ok i totally agree with the metal clips because even if you nerf the damage the enemy can kill you and can not stop him or attack him.I really think that after putting all the armour the enemy should be able to control your for 4 sec so if you have nerfed the damage to half a heart it still does 2 hearts.It would be cool if you could escape somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.