• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete A couple ideas for air bending.

Which of these would you want implemented into PK?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vidant829

Verified Member
Evening, I've came up with a few ideas for air bending in PK that I hope would be added in the future.

Air

Name: AirSlice (MasterKael thought of the name)

When was it used?: In the original Avatar, Aang, Zuko and Azula at one point during the show have done this:
upload_2014-8-15_12-0-59.png

By using their momentum they increased the power and size of their bending which usually results in this:
upload_2014-8-15_12-3-32.png

How it would be implemented into the plugin?: I was thinking that in terms of air, this move would be added as a binding but can only be activate when the player has it selected in their slot and has sprinted for a variable amount of time, lets say 5 seconds for now. Once the move is ready the new air particles would start to stream out diagonally from the player along with a little particle in front of them to signify that it's prepared. By stopping a vertical powerful blade of air that can pierce through air shield, fire shield along with being able to divide water but diffuses once it comes in contact with earth would take the lead. In terms of damage I was thinking that it would at least do two hearts due to how long it takes to be recharged. Since it is a piercing attack it would be better if it didn't have a knock back unless it diffuses on earth. Another effect that I think would benefit this is a draft created by the blade of air that would allow anything that follows behind it to gain extra speed, especially the caster of the ability, this along with water not being able to cross through it. Earth however can dissipate the draft while fire diffuses into it creating a wall of fire.

Why I would like to see it in PK? Air like many have stated before lacks offensiveness and as a result, most air benders are forced to spam air swipe to survive. I do realize that air benders are supposed to be peaceful and non-destructive in the first place but like all humans, they can be. This is especially seen being the case in LOK in book 3 change at where when used offensively can be extremely devastating in the right/wrong hands. Air in the form of wind even in nature is a devastating force that we can not even reckon with yet other than using it for natural energy with turbines or relying on structures that are built to the best of our capabilities to withstand just a fraction of its power which even then still effects them.

Name: AirStream

When was it used? This move is used frequently in original Avatar along with LOK with air benders bending the air around them to shoot in a constant steam of air as seen as this: upload_2014-8-15_12-43-11.png

How would this implemented into the plugin?: Due to how this is used in both shows, my idea was to make it a bind that would be activated by an air bender as they hold down shift. The start up would take only 3 seconds and it can last for as long as the player chooses for as seen in this episode: http://www.animetoon.tv/avatar-the-legend-of-korra-season-3-episode-7 (Starts at 18:30)
At where even the air nomads who have just begun their training created a powerful stream of air for as long as they were needed too without even breaking a sweat. However once implanted it should not be able to alter directions as well as only doing 0.5 of damage for ever 1 second that the targeted entity it is within the stream as well as casting nausea of any kind. Though since it would only make since for the move to have a strong constant knock back, it most likely only going to be used when the target is trapped preventing it from being to overused unless for defensive purposes at where it should then take on the same protecting properties as air shield. When it comes in contact with defensive moves on the other hand, it should behave differently such as it diffusing once coming in contact with any physical objects accept water at where should push, lava at which it should cool and fire in the form of fire shield which should grow from the constant supply of oxygen in bearable amounts.

Why would I like to see this in PK?: For the same reason as AirSlice.

Name: Vacuum

When was this used?: This move which has also been referred to as breath bending or suffocation and was demonstrated by Zaheer in LOK episode 10 can be seen here:
upload_2014-8-15_13-22-47.png

How would it be implemented into the plugin?: The concept behind this idea is that air benders who have the ability to bend the air around them as expressed through their name, can also cause air to circle around a center point while bringing the air inside that sphere into the vortex surrounding it causing the a low pressure zone known as a vacuum. In terms of game play I was thinking of two functions of this so that it won't just be an offensive move but also a practical one at that. In terms of practically, by shifting for a certain period of time with vacuum selected as a bind-able move on an empty space the player would set the center of the vacuum represented by a small spout of air particles which if they left click afterwards will cause a vacuum to spawn around it represented by a rotating sphere of air particles. The longer that shift was held the larger the vacuum would become. After it's been created, the vacuum can then be moved around by right clicking and facing the direction desired along with being able to drag it by moving any direction. Other air benders should also be able to control vacuums created by others as well. Any item drop(arrows in flight count as well), water, or lava inside the vacuum will be pulled into the center point much like how its show in Avatar and LOK:
upload_2014-8-15_14-59-44.png
This as well as putting out fire inside the vacuum. However, anything outside the vacuum should be pushed away or even slightly take damage if coming in contact with the vertex surrounding the center point. This allowing it to also be used for defensive purposes as well as practicality. In terms of the actual offensiveness of vacuum, it would have to be used as a trap for if any player or mob were to step into the radius of the void before its created, the caster can trap them inside casting slowness, weakness, and blindness along with a steady 0.5 damage every second they are trapped inside. Though, they will not be pulled into the center point, the caster can still move the vacuum as they see fit. To balance things, over time the vacuum will gradually grow smaller and not more than one can be created. The air bender who created the vacuum can also just as easily be caught in it if they make it to large and will suffer from the same effects of it.

Why would I like to see this in PK?: The idea of air benders being able to create vacuums allows for a lot of new opportunities in terms of them interacting with the world around them instead of only being able to push and pull.

Name: WindSword

When was it used?: This was never show in either Avatar nor LOK but has been mentioned by Aang in season 3 episode 4 as seen as here: http://www.animeram.eu/avatar-last-airbender-s3/4/ (Starts at 5:37)

How would this implemented into PK?: Like Aang said, all you need is a handle: upload_2014-8-15_15-49-44.png

At where you then air bend wind out of it as you swing:

upload_2014-8-15_15-51-42.png

So by using an item like a stick as a handle and then having a bind for it like earth does for armor, every time an air bender swings it, they would create a line of air particles that would match the movement of the swing while as offering a longer reach and damage that matches that of a wooden one.

Why would I like to see this in PK?: This would just be a little fun and convenient thing for air benders that won't make them too powerful but still a little stronger.

That's all the ideas I have for now and I hope you guys and gals liked them.

(MasterKael thought of the name AirSlice when suggesting another offensive move for air bending, I just gave it depth.)

(Cucckoo along with a few others already had an idea for vacuum which he called suffocation and is a good alternative to mine.)

(Took screenshots when playing certain episodes to get most of the pictures, the rest came from Google images.)

(I did proof read what I wrote but I'm sorry for any grammatical errors.)

(Sorry if I overused the words "though" and "however".)

(Feel free to ask for more detail on any of these ideas or even to just simplify them.)

Attachments

Majorite

Verified Member
Hmm... fancy ideas. I think WindSword needs on detail with how much damage and things like that. I do not like AirSlice that much because air benders have air swipe. You can just increase the damage of air swipe. I like the other ones.

V

Vidcom

I'm driving for AirStream and Vacuum, however AirSlice I'm not so sure about...

vidant829

Verified Member
Hmm... fancy ideas. I think WindSword needs on detail with how much damage and things like that. I do not like AirSlice that much because air benders have air swipe. You can just increase the damage of air swipe. I like the other ones.
In terms of AirSlice, it highly differs from AirSwipe in terms of shape, angle, activation and re-charge along with it having an effect on the area around it. I do see where you're coming from though, there's no point on adding the same move twice which is why I tried making it as unique as possible while keeping the same objective in mind. When I get the chance I'll try demonstrating these ideas with the new particle command in the newer snapshots. Other than that thanks for your feedback.

Migsel

Verified Member
Seems pretty good. Air does need at least one new attack because spamming airswipe isn't too much fun.

Kiam

Verified Member
The airstream nausea doesnt make sense, but 1/2 heart every 2 seconds would be more realistic.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The nausea does make sense since you are getting air pushing you all around you would be really disoriented

Chen

Verified Member
Yeah the nausea is a good idea, however I think the user should be able to change the direction of it as it could be so easily dodged by an opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.