• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A better way to balance AirShield and FireShield

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
For a brief period of time on my old server I allowed AirShield and FireShield to block EarthBlast and WaterManipulation, it immediately became over-powered. Still, giving AS and FS the ability to block both projectiles was something that was dearly needed, especially FireShield since FireBenders really have no defense whatsoever.

I made it so that AirShield and FireShield can only block abilities for a configurable amount of time, usually less than a second. If the AirShield or FireShield was held down for longer than one second then it wouldn't block the abilities. My players had to be great at timing their shields if they wanted to block the EarthBlast or WaterManipulation that was coming for their face. Some of the players tried to bypass this by spamming shift as fast as they could but majority of the time they got hit and just sat there defenseless.

Last edited:

Chen

Verified Member
That's a good idea, I've seen some people complaining how the new AirShield was inbalanced and OP, and this is a great way to balance it.

greenwolf5

Verified Member
I like that a lot better then how it is now. I am still confused on how earthbenders to kill airbenders if they just airshield on non earthbendable blocks (and there is no lava) Water can just surge/torrent/octopusform so water is fine.