• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

3/22/16~ Community Update

jedk1

we need a way to make custom abilities without having to rely on developers/ designers for approval majorly...
How to create custom abilities in a few easy steps:
  1. Open your preferred browser of choice.
  2. Look up CodeAcademy.
  3. Obtain a basic understanding of Java.
  4. Download Eclipse or IntelliJ or another IDE.
  5. Follow @Finn_Bueno_'s tutorials on YouTube.
  6. Repeat step 5 until you have as many abilities as your hearts content.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
People can make their own abilities in our add-on ability thing already
yes but not alot of people know java that well. and some people really struggle when it comes to understanding it, a custom move maker add-on would eliminate a lot of time waste, developers would be able to focus on developing the main plugin, there would be no disagreements with the community vs staff (if their move request/idea was denied they can simply make it anyway) but on a serious note some people do have a rather large problem with coding and understanding java :s Please consider making a add-on that allows us to make abilities in a simplified way weather it would be via a internal or external program, i dont think many people will mind as long as it simplifies it a tad.

Cap

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
How to create custom abilities in a few easy steps:
  1. Open your preferred browser of choice.
  2. Look up CodeAcademy.
  3. Obtain a basic understanding of Java.
  4. Download Eclipse or IntelliJ or another IDE.
  5. Follow @Finn_Bueno_'s tutorials on YouTube.
  6. Repeat step 5 until you have as many abilities as your hearts content.
i cant code ive tried learning it just doesnt sink in, specifically java coding everything else seems to be going fine 0.o
Edit:
and @ number 5 im not too sure where to start as pk has changed alot since his first episodes

jedk1

yes but not alot of people know java that well. and some people really struggle when it comes to understanding it, a custom move maker add-on would eliminate a lot of time waste, developers would be able to focus on developing the main plugin, there would be no disagreements with the community vs staff (if their move request/idea was denied they can simply make it anyway) but on a serious note some people do have a rather large problem with coding and understanding java :s Please consider making a add-on that allows us to make abilities in a simplified way weather it would be via a internal or external program, i dont think many people will mind as long as it simplifies it a tad.

Cap
Thats why there are sites out there like CodeAcademy, they make learning easy, and BASIC Java is relatively easy to learn anyway, and Finn's tutorials do a fine good job of explaining.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Cap
No offense to anyone, but if the community made any kind of addons, it'd be pretty bad.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
No offense to anyone, but if the community made any kind of addons, it'd be pretty bad.
why would it? i dont mean a plugin that makes custom moves to upload i mean something that hooks into pk and gives us the ability to add moves to our own servers because to be honest the moves aren't exactly balanced anymore are they lol

jedk1

why would it? i dont mean a plugin that makes custom moves to upload i mean something that hooks into pk and gives us the ability to add moves to our own servers because to be honest the moves aren't exactly balanced anymore are they lol
The majority of moves are. Addons make it unbalanced. Also. Theres a config.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hooks into pk, gives the ability to add moves. You've seen the Abilities, Combos, and MultiAbilities folders right?

Sshawarma

Verified Member
i haz a compromise :D. Maybe we can think about creating an ability creator in the future (like future future), i myself have been devoting the past week to learning java and understanding the spigot api, and understand how it can be difficult, especially for people who are not good at math. However, creating a program to create moves would require a lot of time that could have gone into the main pk plugins.....so i think it should be something the devs do when they have less ideas for the main core plugins, and have more free time. Seeing how many ideas the community has and how fast this community is growing, i think that an ability creator should be something for a year or more into the future. Just my take on it, i'm not trying to argue or anything :p

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
yea
Hooks into pk, gives the ability to add moves. You've seen the Abilities, Combos, and MultiAbilities folders right?
yeah but what im asking for is a simplified version that doesn't require java coding to be able to make a move, maybe uses a program or even in-game gui to make simple moves for example like the skillsapi ability maker
Edit:
here's a link to help get what i mean across
https://people.rit.edu/sms6462/mc/sapi/