• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.6.0 BETA 4

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Wheeeeee

• General Changes
    • Flight is now removed in Methods.stopBending()
  • Airbending Changes
    • Flight Changes
      • You can now rotate 360 degrees while hovering instead of being forced to stay absolutely still.
      • Renamed class to FlightAbility to differentiate it from other Flight class.
  • Waterbending Changes
    • Temporary Ice no longer suffocates entities.
  • Firebending Changes
    • HeatControl: Fixed Cooking 1.8 Meats for real this time.

Joeri

Verified Member
Ugh darn water, air, and fire, taking all the work timeeeee
Well earth got earth smash. Air got flight. Fire got more cooking and new lightning. That are all buffs. yet water gets only a fix. ;_:

(I know. It's only the fourth build)

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Well earth got earth smash. Air got flight. Fire got more cooking and new lightning. That are all buffs. yet water gets only a fix. ;_:

(I know. It's only the fourth build)
Be patient my friend. With this mentality what about chi ?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you're suggesting there be more earth.. don't you think it's had enough...?
Earth has such a terrible offense it isn't funny. Earthblast, EarthSmash, and sometimes ShockWave make up the offense. And Fire, Water, and Air have combos - Earth has none. So if you include the combos - Fire has more, Air has more, Water has the same. Overall, in my opinion - earth is the most under-powered element so far, not counting chi, which even with less moves has a greater offense.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Earth has such a terrible offense it isn't funny. Earthblast, EarthSmash, and sometimes ShockWave make up the offense. And Fire, Water, and Air have combos - Earth has none. So if you include the combos - Fire has more, Air has more, Water has the same. Overall, in my opinion - earth is the most under-powered element so far, not counting chi, which even with less moves has a greater offense.
Let me guess, your main element is earth?

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Ugh darn water, air, and fire, taking all the work timeeeee
Of all of the elements, over the 6 stable builds we've released, Earth has by far received the most work. It's offense is more than fine, without Combos. Truth of the matter is, no matter what we add it is never enough for the other elements. If we add something chi related, the other elements want a new addition in the next version. If we added a new Earth move (much like we did in BETA 2, less than a week ago), the other elements will want something new, or Earth will want something else new as soon as we begin working on other things.

This is a part of the reason suggestions don't carry much weight. Those that make suggestions are often looking for something more to add to their primary element, without really thinking about the rest of the elements or the plugin in general (at least with any serious amount of thought). We're not trying to make sure things are fair in terms of how many new additions each element gets, rather, balanced. If we, through discussion, find that Earth is missing something major, and adding it wont throw off balance, we'll work on it. Same applies for the other elements. We never go into our builds with a mindset of "_____ received an update two dev builds ago, so we have to add something for _______".

Also, we don't plan dev builds. We create a large list of things we want to get done in 1.6.0 and we just start working away at it, no particular order. We're only 5 Dev Builds as of this post into creating this build, we're barely scratching the surface of what is planned for 1.6.0. We've never released a stable build where an element was completely ignored to date. There's a common misconception within the community about how we develop the plugin, but truth be told it is completely based on what we feel like working on from a LARGE to do list. Dev Builds are just released when it becomes urgent to do so to fix a breaking bug we've found, or we have enough features added to where anything else would be too bloated.

Also, we could add a million new Earth moves now, but that'd leave nothing for 1.7.0 (yes, we're already planning ahead a bit, but we wont plan this build extensively until after 1.6.0 is released. We just have a general idea on where we want the plugin to go).

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Let me guess, your main element is earth?
I'm going to ignore the sarcasm here. And yes.
Of all of the elements, over the 6 stable builds we've released, Earth has by far received the most work. It's offense is more than fine, without Combos. Truth of the matter is, no matter what we add it is never enough for the other elements. If we add something chi related, the other elements want a new addition in the next version. If we added a new Earth move (much like we did in BETA 2, less than a week ago), the other elements will want something new, or Earth will want something else new as soon as we begin working on other things.

This is a part of the reason suggestions don't carry much weight. Those that make suggestions are often looking for something more to add to their primary element, without really thinking about the rest of the elements or the plugin in general (at least with any serious amount of thought). We're not trying to make sure things are fair in terms of how many new additions each element gets, rather, balanced. If we, through discussion, find that Earth is missing something major, and adding it wont throw off balance, we'll work on it. Same applies for the other elements. We never go into our builds with a mindset of "_____ received an update two dev builds ago, so we have to add something for _______".

Also, we don't plan dev builds. We create a large list of things we want to get done in 1.6.0 and we just start working away at it, no particular order. We're only 5 Dev Builds as of this post into creating this build, we're barely scratching the surface of what is planned for 1.6.0. We've never released a stable build where an element was completely ignored to date. There's a common misconception within the community about how we develop the plugin, but truth be told it is completely based on what we feel like working on from a LARGE to do list. Dev Builds are just released when it becomes urgent to do so to fix a breaking bug we've found, or we have enough features added to where anything else would be too bloated.

Also, we could add a million new Earth moves now, but that'd leave nothing for 1.7.0 (yes, we're already planning ahead a bit, but we wont plan this build extensively until after 1.6.0 is released. We just have a general idea on where we want the plugin to go).
Wow, you gave me a great explanation to a sarcastic post.