• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.3.0 Is Out + Other News

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello all, 1.3.0 is now available! This is a rather large update, with lots of changes for those of you who are still using a 1.2.0 build. You can view the changelog by clicking here. Feel free to download and test it out. It remains important to report all bugs you find so we can work on fixing them for 1.4.0!

Link To Changelog: http://projectkorra.com/resources/projectkorra-core.1/update?update=4

Server Progress Goal
In this thread I outlined some goals for the Project before the end of August. I would like to just let you guys know what has happened in the 10 days since I posted that thread. (These stats aren't set in stone, they are pulled from our metrics page as of right now)

• 84 new forum registrations (186 Total Users)
  • 17 new servers using the plugin. (39 Total Servers)
The goal still remains, if we get to 75 servers before the end of August, we will release the very first in depth look at the ProjectKorra (Spirits) plugin which is in the very early stages of development. Send this plugin along to those you know that aren't using the plugin!

Once we release 1.3.0, Development begins almost immediately for 1.4.0. I'll outline just a few goals here, very specific details have been left out as we are still working on some things. This is just some stuff that is planned for ProjectKorra (Core) v1.4.0. I wont answer any questions about any of these features, nor will any of the staff. You'll just have to wait and see.

This is all in the very early stages of planning and may change, that is part of the reason why this is just a plan and not much has been set in stone.

• General Changes
    • Custom player made bending presets.
    • Commands to trigger events.
    • Disabling Bending per world via the config.
  • Airbending Changes
    • New Item
    • New Ability
    • New Enhancement
    • Fixes
  • Waterbending Changes
    • Fixing up an existing ability -- a lot.
    • A 'new' sub element that will be released with one ability.
    • Some more minor changes.
  • Earthbending Changes
    • 2 Potential New Moves for a sub element.
  • Firebending Changes
    • Fixes
    • Events
  • Chiblocking
    • More configurable options.
    • Some minor improvements.
Yeah, I intentionally made that is ambiguous as possible just to get you guys interested. The developers and concept designers have just begun working out these details, do not bother asking about specifics. We will not go in detail on ANY of the features listed above until they are completely released.

To those that ask about why some elements receive more abilities than others: We hear all suggestions, they are all discussed. We are careful with what we include in each update, as we don't want one or two elements to go TOO far ahead. In 1.3.0 Fire and Chi got huge boosts, so we are lying low on those this time around and working on bringing the other elements up to speed. We have some ideas for each element being floated around and discussed.

Immallama

Verified Member
Events triggered by commands sounds really cool. Airbending could definitely use a new ability and a few enhancements. In my opinion, OctopusForm is the water ability that needs the most fixing, I even added my own suggestion a few days ago on how I think it should be done. I'm also a bit confused what other sub element water could have but still sounds cool. Earthbending could also use a few more moves. There's even a move that's already been coded and posted by a member of the forums. *wink wink*

Sounds like this has the potential to be the best update yet.

EDIT: How do you count the amount of servers using the plugin? Just downloads?

Last edited:

chazpants

Verified Member
I think airbending should get some sort of suffocation ability similar to what Zaheer demonstrated that would be cool.

asim681

Verified Member
Is this the latest dev build now? If it is, has some parts of the plugin been reduced in a TPS like manner?