• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

SinkHole Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kukuboy4

Verified Member
The sinkhole ability is a passive ability but with proper usage can turn into an offensive ability. What this does is that it creates basically a sinkhole which in a chase could trap the chaser in a sinkhole. After some time it auto fills the hole avoiding damage. I haven't seen this in the avatar series so it be tweaked to fit your needs. I hope you consider my idea!

David

Verified Member
I like this idea but you formatted this suggestion horribly. Several questions, you say passive ability but don't follow up on how it's a passive? Can you explain what about it makes a passive?

You didn't necessarily say which element this is for, is it for Earth?

This sounds a lot like Earth Tunnel, so could you explain how this is different to Earth Tunnel?

"After some time it auto fills the hole avoiding damage." Could you explain this sentence more?

I find this idea really interesting

Kwesi

Verified Member
I like this idea but you formatted this suggestion horribly. Several questions, you say passive ability but don't follow up on how it's a passive? Can you explain what about it makes a passive?

You didn't necessarily say which element this is for, is it for Earth?

This sounds a lot like Earth Tunnel, so could you explain how this is different to Earth Tunnel?

"After some time it auto fills the hole avoiding damage." Could you explain this sentence more?

I find this idea really interesting
I agree with David. Could you please polish this off and explain in more detail? I'd like to understand the passive element of this because you haven't actually given details on how it's passive, despite describing it as so.

Kukuboy4

Verified Member
A possible ability for Earthbenders is Sinkhole.

What is it?
Sinkhole is a defensive Earthbending ability where the user can create a hole in which will trap an entity.

Offensive or Defensive in what way?
This is defensive move for it traps something in a hole giving you some time to do an action. This move is also in a way offensive if you try to deal fall damage.

How does it deviate from other abilities?
The closest thing to Sinkhole would be Earth Tunnel. It is actually quite different because Earth Tunnel will create a tunnel "made" by the user, but it is always in front of the user. Sinkhole simply justs creates a specified hole in the ground where the user wants it to be.

How will this move affect its surroundings.?
This move only deletes a portion of the ground and the contents that were removed will return in a set period of time

How will this be used?
By holding shift and clicking an area a hole will be created

How will it look like?
It will simply look like a hole in the ground.

How will it be amplified in the avatar sate?
It would just create a bigger hole trapping more people

That is my ability idea which has questions for a speed navigation

Kwesi

Verified Member
A possible ability for Earthbenders is Sinkhole.

What is it?
Sinkhole is a defensive Earthbending ability where the user can create a hole in which will trap an entity.

Offensive or Defensive in what way?
This is defensive move for it traps something in a hole giving you some time to do an action. This move is also in a way offensive if you try to deal fall damage.

How does it deviate from other abilities?
The closest thing to Sinkhole would be Earth Tunnel. It is actually quite different because Earth Tunnel will create a tunnel "made" by the user, but it is always in front of the user. Sinkhole simply justs creates a specified hole in the ground where the user wants it to be.

How will this move affect its surroundings.?
This move only deletes a portion of the ground and the contents that were removed will return in a set period of time

How will this be used?
By holding shift and clicking an area a hole will be created

How will it look like?
It will simply look like a hole in the ground.

How will it be amplified in the avatar sate?
It would just create a bigger hole trapping more people

That is my ability idea which has questions for a speed navigation
How large of a hole are we talking here?

Status
Not open for further replies.