• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthTackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
My thoughts:
The combo should have catapult instead of raise earth, it just makes a little more sense. Second, you shouldn't be able to steer it. You can't turn when you dive at somebody or tackle them.

Kwesi

Verified Member
My thoughts:
The combo should have catapult instead of raise earth, it just makes a little more sense. Second, you shouldn't be able to steer it. You can't turn when you dive at somebody or tackle them.
Whether or not you can steer it is someone that could be up for debate. However, there is a different between those actions you mentioned and this ability: when an earthbender is using EarthTackle they are surrounded that what they can completely manipulate, making (limited) steering possible in this respect.

As far as the combo is concerned... yeah, okay. I can see the logic behind the catapult component in the formula.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Whether or not you can steer it is someone that could be up for debate. However, there is a different between those actions you mentioned and this ability: when an earthbender is using EarthTackle they are surrounded that what they can completely manipulate, making (limited) steering possible in this respect.

As far as the combo is concerned... yeah, okay. I can see the logic behind the catapult component in the formula.

I feel like steering would be too OP. Think about it like a charging bull. You can't stop it. Getting hit by it will kill you. Your only option is to dodge at the right moment. If you could steer people would just spam it and follow people around. Without steering they have to choose one target.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I feel like steering would be too OP. Think about it like a charging bull. You can't stop it. Getting hit by it will kill you. Your only option is to dodge at the right moment. If you could steer people would just spam it and follow people around. Without steering they have to choose one target.
I understand your point to that, but the steering would be greatly limited and an implemented cooldown wisely configured could prevent spamming of the ability.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I understand your point to that, but the steering would be greatly limited and an implemented cooldown wisely configured could prevent spamming of the ability.
Wide turns and long cooldown I'm fine with :)

Nicky0915

Verified Member
Maybe to everyone else it doesn't seem so bad. I guess I just have a unique way of looking at things. To me, unless there are screenshots/gifs/pngs/jpgs that show a clip of the series demonstrating the technique suggested, I instantly mark it as canon. Oh and to clear up on my last post, it means you just took Earth Armor and added the canon ability of sprinting to it. Plus, if we're looking for a move like this, I would go with the move EarthSurf. As it is used by Toph in the earth Book of TLA.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Maybe to everyone else it doesn't seem so bad. I guess I just have a unique way of looking at things. To me, unless there are screenshots/gifs/pngs/jpgs that show a clip of the series demonstrating the technique suggested, I instantly mark it as canon.
When you use the term "canon," how do you mean it?

Nicky0915

Verified Member
A figment of a fan's imagination -- fandom, fannon. It never explicitly says it in the show, hence I don't think it's worth the effort.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
A figment of a fan's imagination -- fandom, fannon. It never explicitly says it in the show, hence I don't think it's worth the effort.
Don't know what your definition of Canon is, but here's mine. Screen shot 2014-10-24 at 5.33.45 PM.png
By this definition, I can indeed tell you that the move is canon. Canon and fannon, believe it or not, are opposites. I'll go make a gif of it now, since I couldn't find any gifs.

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
Okay, I would like you to take a look at this clip:

Pay careful attention from the 2:12 mark.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
dfwu3.gif
Here's Toph doing it.
dfx2n.gif
And here's Aang doing it.
So I would have to say, it's most definitely Canon. Canon as in the opposite of Fanon. Canon as in the official definition of Canon.
Screen shot 2014-10-24 at 5.58.09 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.