• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Ice Whip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thestacker21

Verified Member
Name:Ice Whip
Damage:2.5 (offence) (defence) None

What Does It Do?:This move makes a WaterBender shoot a whip of ice that can knockback your enemy and give them a slowness effect.This move also makes the your enemy be trapped in a block of ice for 6 seconds and give them a blindness effect aswell.To Shoot the IceWhip Shift on a waterbending block and left click.To trap your enemy shift>left click> to make a octopusform effect circle around you then left click again at your enemy to trap them.This move can be used in waterspout and has a cooldown of 12 seconds so waterbenders do not spam all the time.This move was also since in Book 3 of the legend of korra when ming hua shoot a wave/line of water at bolin and mako trapping them in a blob of water.Ming hua also uses this move alot in the series to clime up walls she turned her waterarms at the tip of them they turned ice allowing her to shoot a whip of ice at her enemy.

Kwesi

Verified Member
As creative as a move like this is it seems too overpowered to me.

A technique that only requires no charging that can inflict slowness effects and has noticeable knockback power AND gives them blindness? Those are just too many effects to fall under the functions of one technique. Slowness and blindness afflicted at the same time would leave a person in an almost defenseless state, which seems slightly unnecessary since they would be trapped if you completed both steps of the technique. An ability already so powerful can also be used with waterspout? That sounds way too convenient to be realistic anyway. Waterbenders can already use their most powerful technique with waterspout, and this sounds even stronger. Also, a technique like that only has a 12 second cooldown? 12 seconds goes by surprising quickly in action-filled PvP combat. That ability, being as overpowered as it is, could be used again before you even know it.

Thestacker21

Verified Member
As creative as a move like this is it seems too overpowered to me.

A technique that only requires no charging that can inflict slowness effects and has noticeable knockback power AND gives them blindness? Those are just too many effects to fall under the functions of one technique. Slowness and blindness afflicted at the same time would leave a person in an almost defenseless state, which seems slightly unnecessary since they would be trapped if you completed both steps of the technique. An ability already so powerful can also be used with waterspout? That sounds way too convenient to be realistic anyway. Waterbenders can already use their most powerful technique with waterspout, and this sounds even stronger. Also, a technique like that only has a 12 second cooldown? 12 seconds goes by surprising quickly in action-filled PvP combat. That ability, being as overpowered as it is, could be used again before you even know it.
It give them blindness for 6 seconds and that how long the you can freeze in the slownees only happens when you hit them with the ice whip.And yes the cooldown could be longer

Kwesi

Verified Member
I think that it's an ability that could be considered (since it's even "looking into"), but I think a 6 second blindness doesn't make enough sense for this technique. Is it that the whip is supposed to lash their eyes? If that's the cause I think it needs to be shortened AT LEAST halved. I don't think blindness being an effect that makes a lot of sense with waterbenders otherwise. Slowness definitely makes sense, but a 6 second blindness leaves the target in state where they can barely defend themselves against any further attacks, which could easily make IceWhip overpowered. A longer cooldown for IceWhip would be more than appropriate to balance it out.
I think waterbenders should definitely have an "IceWhip" ability though, I think it just needs cranking down a touch to stop it from being overpowered.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Ice isnt a sub element that would do this.

It should be more like a Water Whip kind of thing, this move makes no sense to me.

Kwesi

Verified Member
This move just doesn't have common sense in it, ice isnt made to flow, it sticks still and just does a lot of damage.
Yeah, I was thinking that too, but I was trying to think of how it could work. Nevertheless the whip being made of ice is still getting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.