• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Condensation Technique

Opinions?

• I like this idea and would love to see it implemented :D

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I like this idea but I think it needs a little tweaking :3

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I don't really think it's necessary but I don't mind :I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think this would unbalance it and/or I don't want it :/

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

astraelis7

Verified Member
Well , you should've specified that ^-^. What kind of building?
It's not really something to be specified o_O? I'm not really into pvp that much and I just thought it would be cool to have something like this, based on my experience playing ;3

Moonelight

Verified Member
It adds variation yes, water is about flexibility and change, but in what fight have you had the chance to shift for so long and the opponent hasn't caught up to you/attacked you? And torrent is slow for me as it is (at least on the server I play on)
Water isn't about flexibility and change, it is only about change.

This type of bending is utilized by the people of the Water Tribe, who are divided into the Southern, Northern, and lesser known Foggy Swamp tribes, as well as those of the United Republic, each with their own unique bending style.

South pole, snow.
North pole, snow.
Swamps, vines.
Republic city, usually snow or a portable source of water.

Due to the limited quantities of water present in the air, as a mere 1% at most of the earth's atmosphere is water vapor, the amount of water extracted from the air is quite minimal. Thus not being able to fill a whole bottle. And just like you said, kind of, why would you sneak for a very long time to get ONE bottle of water.

Favorable environment and climatic conditions increase the amount of water one can remove from the air. Thus only being able to do this in Ocean/Jungle biomes.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
It's not really something to be specified o_O? I'm not really into pvp that much and I just thought it would be cool to have something like this, based on my experience playing ;3
No cause if the block of the building is not earthbendable , then i think you should not implement this move. :)

Moonelight

Verified Member
To be honest, Waterbenders need to depend on what their known for. Snow, plants, and the ocean.

They are op enough, this just adds on to the train.

astraelis7

Verified Member
Water isn't about flexibility and change, it is only about change.

This type of bending is utilized by the people of the Water Tribe, who are divided into the Southern, Northern, and lesser known Foggy Swamp tribes, as well as those of the United Republic, each with their own unique bending style.

South pole, snow.
North pole, snow.
Swamps, vines.
Republic city, usually snow or a portable source of water.

Due to the limited quantities of water present in the air, as a mere 1% at most of the earth's atmosphere is water vapor, the amount of water extracted from the air is quite minimal. Thus not being able to fill a whole bottle. And just like you said, kind of, why would you sneak for a very long time to get ONE bottle of water.

Favorable environment and climatic conditions increase the amount of water one can remove from the air. Thus only being able to do this in Ocean/Jungle biomes.
By flexibility I was meaning versatility (sorry for bad vocabulary choices).
Just because it isn't common doesn't mean it can't be done: owners could have it so that it has to be earned (like bloodbending)
You contradict yourself by saying that there is little moisture but the move should have a smaller charge time which doesn't really make sense unless I'm misunderstanding it.
The move was inspired by the series (Hama obviously in particular) and I envisioned it to be quite similar in its logistics: she was capable to get a substantial amount of water to slice a rock in the middle of a field (not a jungle or near the ocean). Albeit it was the fire nation, so perhaps convection currents and heat made the air moist.
To be honest, Waterbenders need to depend on what their known for. Snow, plants, and the ocean.

They are op enough, this just adds on to the train.
That I think limits the growth of the element... Metalbending wouldn't be there if Toph only bended what she was 'meant' to (i.e. normal earth) and OPness really depends on the server imo :3 Eg. on mine I find water quite slow and difficult with mobility, but I'm sure that's different on every server...

I feel like this is turning into an argument so perhaps we should both just leave it at that we both have different views :3

Joeri

Verified Member
By flexibility I was meaning versatility (sorry for bad vocabulary choices).
Just because it isn't common doesn't mean it can't be done: owners could have it so that it has to be earned (like bloodbending)
You contradict yourself by saying that there is little moisture but the move should have a smaller charge time which doesn't really make sense unless I'm misunderstanding it.
The move was inspired by the series (Hama obviously in particular) and I envisioned it to be quite similar in its logistics: she was capable to get a substantial amount of water to slice a rock in the middle of a field (not a jungle or near the ocean). Albeit it was the fire nation, so perhaps convection currents and heat made the air moist.

That I think limits the growth of the element... Metalbending wouldn't be there if Toph only bended what she was 'meant' to (i.e. normal earth) and OPness really depends on the server imo :3 Eg. on mine I find water quite slow and difficult with mobility, but I'm sure that's different on every server...

I feel like this is turning into an argument so perhaps we should both just leave it at that we both have different views :3
First of all, Tell how exactly how this move isn't going to be OP? Even if it has a cooldown waterbenders would still be able to get infinite water.

This move was only shown by a waterbending master. And even she (hama) could only extract a tiny bit from the air.

astraelis7

Verified Member
First of all, Tell how exactly how this move isn't going to be OP? Even if it has a cooldown waterbenders would still be able to get infinite water.

This move was only shown by a waterbending master. And even she (hama) could only extract a tiny bit from the air.
It could be like bloodbending in that only certain people can get it :3 Obviously you'd need bottles and with a configurable charge and cooldown time - the idea about rain has been kinda discussed although I'm not sure what's happening with it

Joeri

Verified Member
It could be like bloodbending in that only certain people can get it :3 Obviously you'd need bottles and with a configurable charge and cooldown time - the idea about rain has been kinda discussed although I'm not sure what's happening with it
Water would simply be to OP, Even if some people can only use it it's still OP, 10seconds cooldown? I thought more like 5 minutes, Do you know how short 10 seconds is? Water from bottles returns so you can use it again, I'm pretty sure i can do with 1 water bottle for 10 seconds. basically a infinite source

astraelis7

Verified Member
Water would simply be to OP, Even if some people can only use it it's still OP, 10seconds cooldown? I thought more like 5 minutes, Do you know how short 10 seconds is? Water from bottles returns so you can use it again, I'm pretty sure i can do with 1 water bottle for 10 seconds. basically a infinite source
Like I've said many times, the numbers are configurable - I'm not saying that I know exactly what the best timing is which is why I left it up to other people - I'm talking about the concept of the concept of the move in relation to an appropriate configuration which can be decided by owners, etc t_t

Joeri

Verified Member
Like I've said many times, the numbers are configurable - I'm not saying that I know exactly what the best timing is which is why I left it up to other people - I'm talking about the concept of the concept of the move in relation to an appropriate configuration which can be decided by owners, etc t_t
Well, Cooldowns don't matter. This will make Water incredible overpowerd

astraelis7

Verified Member
Well, Cooldowns don't matter. This will make Water incredible overpowerd
Then change the charge time then o_o whatever floats ya boat... This idea is becoming so limited that it would probably just be better to go find water and fill up from there...

ILLFATE

Verified Member
Then change the charge time then o_o whatever floats ya boat... This idea is becoming so limited that it would probably just be better to go find water and fill up from there...
And then by that , it would be a waste of time adding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.