• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Condensation Technique

Opinions?

• I like this idea and would love to see it implemented :D

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I like this idea but I think it needs a little tweaking :3

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I don't really think it's necessary but I don't mind :I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think this would unbalance it and/or I don't want it :/

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vidcom

Actually, in the series and in Physics, condensation (of water) is from water vapour in the air to liquid water ; not when it's raining. I just added that for practicality and not to make it OP
Hama was seen to draw water straight out of thin air via this...

Joeri

Verified Member
Actually, its possible with a piece of code to make it check if there's block above your head, technically this could be possible in that way, During rain there must be no blocks above your head, then this technique could work

ILLFATE

Verified Member
I think if the other limitations which I suggested in the original post are implemented, it should be usable whenever - Hama was seen using it during the day
Well , this should atleast be configurable. DEAFULT: AT NIGHT. I mean Hama can Bloodbend during the full moon , but in the plugin , the deafult is that players cannot Bloodbend. Not everything that appears at TLA needs to be exactly the same thing in the plugin. Just sayin. ;)

Moonelight

Verified Member
Maybe only in the moist biomes, like Jungles and Swamps... Or near lakes.

I don't know about this move. Sure it is cool but it takes away one of the points of water bending, you need an actual source of water. Waterbending should be kept like it is. Giving it (more) advantages on land would unbalance the elements. Water is meant to be in the snow/ocean regions. Sure Hama does it, but this move just doesn't seem right for the point we're at in minecraft. Just stay on the water, where the other 3 elements are weakest.
Not everything that appears at TLA needs to be exactly the same thing in the plugin. Just sayin. ;)

Vayne

*I DID SEARCH FOR THIS IDEA ELSEWHERE = DID NOT FIND SEPARATE THREAD WITH THIS NAME*

This idea has cropped up with various waterbending move threads but I couldn't find a separate thread on it (with this name - which is the wiki term). I'm not saying my current version is perfect - it's more to open a discussion and get input.

A separate ability could be made so that, when click shift, 1 water bottle will fill up without a source.

I personally don't think this is particularly OP. I limited it to water bottles for practicality. This technique is shown various times in the show - particularly by Hama as I'm sure you all know. It could perhaps have a long cool down and/or only work during rain. Perhaps you have to wait a while for the bottle to fill up (but this charge time is reduced in rain). I hope you get the general idea - please post your own variations and suggestions :D This would bring a great aspect to waterbending - particularly pvp on land I think...
hey can you help me I have no idea how to download this plugin

astraelis7

Verified Member
Well , this should atleast be configurable. DEAFULT: AT NIGHT. I mean Hama can Bloodbend during the full moon , but in the plugin , the deafult is that players cannot Bloodbend. Not everything that appears at TLA needs to be exactly the same thing in the plugin. Just sayin. ;)
Yh but I think the whole move will be a pointless if it can only be done at night... imo at least... The other limitations (such as a cool down and charge time, etc) should be enough to not make it spammable - plus water comes back from most moves anyway. It only if it doesn't and you need some that you would use it... It's like a utility move and I think having it night-only would just place too many limitations on it

astraelis7

Verified Member
Maybe only in the moist biomes, like Jungles and Swamps... Or near lakes.

I don't know about this move. Sure it is cool but it takes away one of the points of water bending, you need an actual source of water. Waterbending should be kept like it is. Giving it (more) advantages on land would unbalance the elements. Water is meant to be in the snow/ocean regions. Sure Hama does it, but this move just doesn't seem right for the point we're at in minecraft. Just stay on the water, where the other 3 elements are weakest.
I see your point :3 I thinking people are taking this as something to be used in pvp (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm not: eg. the charge time could be something like 10 seconds - that's nearly impossible to do in pvp (you get the point)

ILLFATE

Verified Member
Yh but I think the whole move will be a pointless if it can only be done at night... imo at least... The other limitations (such as a cool down and charge time, etc) should be enough to not make it spammable - plus water comes back from most moves anyway. It only if it doesn't and you need some that you would use it... It's like a utility move and I think having it night-only would just place too many limitations on it
If this could be used during day time , it would be soooo OP that everyone in your server would choose Waterbending.

astraelis7

Verified Member
If this could be used during day time , it would be soooo OP that everyone in your server would choose Waterbending.
Could you explain to me how it would be OP, presuming that all the limitations I have suggested are enforced? :3 It sounds as if the water will be used to destroy the world or something

Moonelight

Verified Member
I see your point :3 I thinking people are taking this as something to be used in pvp (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm not: eg. the charge time could be something like 10 seconds - that's nearly impossible to do in pvp (you get the point)
Not impossible to use in PVP. There really isn't many ways to use the plugin for daily minecraft life. Sure I see some ways a waterbender can use their element for every day life, but not much. I'm basically saying, anything added into this plugin is to benefit an element in every way, falling under a defensive or offensive category.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Could you explain to me how it would be OP, presuming that all the limitations I have suggested are enforced? :3
Using this technique to battle, it adds more variation to the ways waterbenders fight. Giving them more options to where they can get the water needed.
It was enough when waterbenders didn't have a torrent cooldown, now you're just giving them more access to spam.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
Could you explain to me how it would be OP, presuming that all the limitations I have suggested are enforced? :3 It sounds as if the water will be used to destroy the world or something
First off , you didn't explain it clearly. Like , how long is the cooldown. Secondly , a waterbender can bend almost anywhere! The possibilities are ranging from a WITHERED PLANT to a GIGANTIC OCEAN. Sorry but i do not support this.

astraelis7

Verified Member
Using this technique to battle, it adds more variation to the ways waterbenders fight. Giving them more options to where they can get the water needed.
It was enough when waterbenders didn't have a torrent cooldown, now you're just giving them more access to spam.
It adds variation yes, water is about flexibility and change, but in what fight have you had the chance to shift for so long and the opponent hasn't caught up to you/attacked you? And torrent is slow for me as it is (at least on the server I play on)
First off , you didn't explain it clearly. Like , how long is the cooldown. Secondly , a waterbender can bend almost anywhere! The possibilities are ranging from a WITHERED PLANT to a GIGANTIC OCEAN. Sorry but i do not support this.
I left the cooldown configurable for server owners and gave an example of 10s for you o_o You're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean I can't try to change your view :3 Compare sources for the other elements and water is very limited (yes I know that's one of its weaknesses but this is only an idea which some of us would like to see)

ILLFATE

Verified Member
I left the cooldown configurable for server owners and gave an example of 10s for you o_o You're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean I can't try to change your view :3 Compare sources for the other elements and water is very limited (yes I know that's one of its weaknesses but this is only an idea which some of us would like to see)
Yes , i know that water is the most limited one , but , it still has tons of ammunition anywhere.
EXAMPLE:TREES. YOU CAN KILL A TAD OF BENDERS WITH A SINGLE TREE.

Status
Not open for further replies.