• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Firebending Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Schmitty

Verified Member
I'm am glad to see that the Project Korra staff is updating the plugin with new moves. However, I've noticed that some of these moves need a fix.
1. Firebending should not be as fast as air bending.
Now first off when a fire bender uses fire jet (in the show which this plugin is based off of), it is not super fast nor does it allow them to travel far distances. The only time a fire bender has been shown to move long distances is during Sozin's comet. (and even they couldn't go as fast as jet blast or jet blaze as Zuko was shown to easily keep track of Azula's movements and even counter them.) My advice would be to remove this move in the fire combo as it has never been shown to be this powerful in the show or to even go that fast with Sozin's comet fire bending. This completely changes fire's offensive style to that of an air benders style. It allows for wall of fire to be spammed effortlessly and it is overall too fast for a bending style that was not supposed to have a super fast speed boost.

2. Op fire blast copies.
Fire blast= 2 hearts (day) 3 second charge time. Lightning= 3.5 hearts 3.5 second charge time. Fire burst= 2 hearts 3.5 second charge time. These sound pretty balanced for strong moves, but you have made moves that are op carbon copies.
Discharge= 2 hearts no charge times. very little cool down. Combustion= 2-4 hearts no charge time, 6 second cool down (same as fire jet). (Now burn damage is another factor to put in, but all elements besides earth, which already has earth armor, can extinguish themselves in about less than a second.)

3. Fire breath is outrageous
The only thing I can say on this topic is what were the programmers thinking. Fire breath= short cool down, long range, constant stream, 3 hearts at the very least, disables fire jet and sometimes bending (might be a glitch), and burn damage that cannot be stopped. This move needs to be removed and or nerfed, as there is no reason why it should be this strong.

As a fire bender for two years, I'm very disappointed to see my favorite element become so unbalanced. Fire bending was once about precision and aiming, now it is just about using a super fast fire jet, and spamming fire breath and discharge. It is pitiful that the element requires no real skill anymore.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
1. Have you SEEN the show? A fire bender can bend faster than anyone!
2. They aren't op as they have long charge times which leaves them vulnerable during that time. Sure they can charge while using firejet, but that has a cooldown. Also, the moves you listed, while have similar damage and charge up times have completely different funtionality.
3. FireBreath is a fan-made move and is not at all associated with the core plug-in. (Neither is Discharge btw)

Dr_Schmitty

Verified Member
2. They aren't op as they have long charge times which leaves them vulnerable during that time. Sure they can charge while using firejet, but that has a cooldown. Also, the moves you listed, while have similar damage and charge up times have completely different funtionality.
3. FireBreath is a fan-made move and is not at all associated with the core plug-in. (Neither is Discharge btw)
1. Not talking about how fast they can activate a move. I'm talking about bending speed, not bending activation. Fact of the matter is. fire jet has never been shown to be as fast or travel as far, as it does in the game compared to the show. If you can find a clip that shows fire jet moving as fast or as long without the aid of Sozin's comet, I'll delete this post.

2. They do not have long charge times. Combustion has the same charge time as fire jet, which is 6 seconds, fire breath is 5 seconds and discharge is 6. These are very short cool down times for the amount of unblock able damage that they can do, and the new fire jet allows you to easily escape and disappear as you cannot keep track of the player due to the immense speed. And it doesn't matter their function. Fact is, they are basically the same as the old moves. If I said "A fire move that does two hearts at day, you would not be able to tell if I was talking about discharge, fire blast, or fire burst. It makes no difference.)

3. I don't care who made them. Still doesn't change the fact that they are broken.

CaptainSnickerz

Verified Member
end of the day if u dont like the moves dont download them haha im greaful and very impressed with what has been released :)
*edit* also most of the stuff you are talking about is changable with config files :) please speak to your server owner, the point of these config files is to allow people to change the cooldowns and speed of bending lol it requires changing a couple of numbers is all
and as for fireblast and frost breath idk why it disables avatar state but i think its a good thing as avatars are way too op on most servers and it gives normal players a chance to strike back

Dr_Schmitty

Verified Member
end of the day if u dont like the moves dont download them haha im greaful and very impressed with what has been released :)
*edit* also most of the stuff you are talking about is changable with config files :) please speak to your server owner, the point of these config files is to allow people to change the cooldowns and speed of bending lol it requires changing a couple of numbers is all
I've tried to tell him to fix it. Benders who have such a reliance on broken moves whine and complain, and that outweighs the facts most of the time.

David

Verified Member
I agree 90% with your proposition. I've been bending for a really long time and I love all the elements and I play as them all quite often... I can say that the amount of effort I put into fighting changes per element. When I'm firebending, I manage to stay alive and do huge damage and do great in battle without hardly moving my fingers, while with airbending or waterbending, I have to move my fingers all over the keyboard at rapid speeds to do and get what i want.

I thought FireBreath was in the core plug-in now? I may be wrong, just what I thought.

You are correct that firebenders bend at incredible speeds. Fire is the element of power, firebenders fight by overwhelming their opponents with ridiculous consecutive attacks, firebenders are often found firing non-stop at their targets... But I don't think that's what Schmitty was talking about, I think he was talking about their agility. I agree that I think the new firejets in fire combo are ridiculous and not in the show, they make firebending ridiculously powerful when they shouldn't be.

There's something else I'd like to add, and it's that fireblast needs to be fixed, as often times it can just glitch through a block or defense and hit what ever's behind it. For example: I'm an earthbender who just raised a wall in front of me, a Firebender shoots a charged fireblast at this wall, the wall is not hit, the Fireblast goes THROUGH the wall entirely without even touching it, and it hits me... I think this needs to be fixed ASAP. These new moves are nice and all but some balancing needs to be done ASAP

Edit: I'm sure most of these moves are configurable, but not all server owners and players are willing for a configuration change. I know it sounds silly for the PK staff to do the balancing for us, but as Orion did, he tried his hardest to make the default version of bending as balanced as possible and I think the same should be done on PK, even the add-on moves.

Dr_Schmitty

Verified Member
I agree 90% with your proposition. I've been bending for a really long time and I love all the elements and I play as them all quite often... I can say that the amount of effort I put into fighting changes per element. When I'm firebending, I manage to stay alive and do huge damage and do great in battle without hardly moving my fingers, while with airbending or waterbending, I have to move my fingers all over the keyboard at rapid speeds to do and get what i want.

I thought FireBreath was in the core plug-in now? I may be wrong, just what I thought.

You are correct that firebenders bend at incredible speeds. Fire is the element of power, firebenders fight by overwhelming their opponents with ridiculous consecutive attacks, firebenders are often found firing non-stop at their targets... But I don't think that's what Schmitty was talking about, I think he was talking about their agility. I agree that I think the new firejets in fire combo are ridiculous and not in the show, they make firebending ridiculously powerful when they shouldn't be.

There's something else I'd like to add, and it's that fireblast needs to be fixed, as often times it can just glitch through a block or defense and hit what ever's behind it. For example: I'm an earthbender who just raised a wall in front of me, a Firebender shoots a charged fireblast at this wall, the wall is not hit, the Fireblast goes THROUGH the wall entirely without even touching it, and it hits me... I think this needs to be fixed ASAP. These new moves are nice and all but some balancing needs to be done ASAP
Glad you agree with me. As for the fire blast through a wall glitch, that could use some investigating into.

CaptainSnickerz

Verified Member
charged fireblast usually hits through earthbenders walls even in the episodes but it blows through the wall, maybe you have tnt block damage disabled so its not as realistic. there are alot of variabled you guys have to take into consideration also if you raiseearth at the same time as he released his fireblast the fireblast would go through it as the moving blocks are classed as falling sand blocks ive tried this and i still hit the wall but the area of damage is greater than the area between you and the wall this is why u get hit :)

David

Verified Member
charged fireblast usually hits through earthbenders walls even in the episodes but it blows through the wall, maybe you have tnt block damage disabled so its not as realistic. there are alot of variabled you guys have to take into consideration also if you raiseearth at the same time as he released his fireblast the fireblast would go through it as the moving blocks are classed as falling sand blocks ive tried this and i still hit the wall but the area of damage is greater than the area between you and the wall this is why u get hit :)
This is not true, this is not happening on just one server, this is all over the place. TNT is enabled, and the fireblast goes straight through the wall of earth because an earth raise can sometimes be diagnol, which the Fireblast passes through the corners.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
3. I don't care who made them. Still doesn't change the fact that they are broken.
We have absolutely no control about the OP or otherwise status of addon abilities. We do not make them, we do not endorse them, they are entirely up to the server owner whether or not they are installed.

jedk1

I'm am glad to see that the Project Korra staff is updating the plugin with new moves. However, I've noticed that some of these moves need a fix.
1. Firebending should not be as fast as air bending.
Now first off when a fire bender uses fire jet (in the show which this plugin is based off of), it is not super fast nor does it allow them to travel far distances. The only time a fire bender has been shown to move long distances is during Sozin's comet. (and even they couldn't go as fast as jet blast or jet blaze as Zuko was shown to easily keep track of Azula's movements and even counter them.) My advice would be to remove this move in the fire combo as it has never been shown to be this powerful in the show or to even go that fast with Sozin's comet fire bending. This completely changes fire's offensive style to that of an air benders style. It allows for wall of fire to be spammed effortlessly and it is overall too fast for a bending style that was not supposed to have a super fast speed boost.

2. Op fire blast copies.
Fire blast= 2 hearts (day) 3 second charge time. Lightning= 3.5 hearts 3.5 second charge time. Fire burst= 2 hearts 3.5 second charge time. These sound pretty balanced for strong moves, but you have made moves that are op carbon copies.
Discharge= 2 hearts no charge times. very little cool down. Combustion= 2-4 hearts no charge time, 6 second cool down (same as fire jet). (Now burn damage is another factor to put in, but all elements besides earth, which already has earth armor, can extinguish themselves in about less than a second.)

3. Fire breath is outrageous
The only thing I can say on this topic is what were the programmers thinking. Fire breath= short cool down, long range, constant stream, 3 hearts at the very least, disables fire jet and sometimes bending (might be a glitch), and burn damage that cannot be stopped. This move needs to be removed and or nerfed, as there is no reason why it should be this strong.

As a fire bender for two years, I'm very disappointed to see my favorite element become so unbalanced. Fire bending was once about precision and aiming, now it is just about using a super fast fire jet, and spamming fire breath and discharge. It is pitiful that the element requires no real skill anymore.
Fire breath has a config for a bloody reason you know....

Adam

Verified Member
Well, I do have the FireBlast Glitch Too!
(Maybe That's why i'm sometimes being seen like a noob! Need Explanations here!)

Zolteex

Verified Member
Like AlexTheCoder previously stated, if you don't like the abilities, dont use them. And many of your "fixes" are configurable already.

Status
Not open for further replies.