• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bug Report Random MCPC Difficulties

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
Hey. I know a thread was posted a while ago with a somewhat similar problem, but it was never fixed to my knowledge. Also the nature of my problem isn't exactly the same, so I figured I'd post my own thread.

So I'm making a local server to run that can utilize both mods and plugins, since I want to play with both Project Korra and a couple of mods (Mo' Creatures, Twilight Forest, etc.). I've sort of got it to work with both MCPC+ 1.7.2 and Cauldron 1.7.10, but I encountered the same problem in both:
All of the particle based moves added by Project Korra (not those that were in the original TLA plugin) do not work at all. This includes Combustion, Firecombo, Suffocate, and (kinda) Iceblast. This also seems to include any fan-made particle based abilities (e.g. jedk1's FireBreath).

Whenever these abilities are used, an error is spammed in the command prompt:

Oct 01, 2014 6:36:05 PM org.bukkit.plugin.PluginLogger log
WARNING: [ProjectKorra] Task #8 for ProjectKorra v1.5.0 BETA 6 generated an exce
ption
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.projectkorra.Proj
ectKorra.Utilities.ParticleEffect
at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.firebending.FireCombo$FireComboStream.<
init>(FireCombo.java:454)
at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.firebending.FireCombo.progress(FireComb
o.java:326)
at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.firebending.FireCombo.progressAll(FireC
ombo.java:412)
at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.firebending.FirebendingManager.run(Fire
bendingManager.java:36)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:58)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(C
raftScheduler.java:345)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.jav
a:856)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(Dedicated
Server.java:417)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.jav
a:796)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:660)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This is the error for FireKick, part of FireCombo. The errors for the different moves are basically the same with a few word differences, I don't think I need to show them all =P

Random things to note:
Firekick's sound still plays, but the move itself doesn't work
Iceblast still fires a block of packed ice that damages, but no particles accompany it
Firebreath still ignites mobs even though no particles are displayed - doesn't do any direct damage though

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
I don't know anything about coding or forge, but I do have some kind of hunch. It seems odd that these random particle-based moves would simply be incompatible with forge, so I don't think this is the case. Instead, I think it may be sort of 'blocking' these moves from being used for some reason. The lines "Unknown source" and "Generated an exception" in the error sort of give me this hunch.

Does anyone know if there's anything I could delete or edit to allow these moves through? This is becoming pretty frustrating =P

jedk1

I don't know anything about coding or forge, but I do have some kind of hunch. It seems odd that these random particle-based moves would simply be incompatible with forge, so I don't think this is the case. Instead, I think it may be sort of 'blocking' these moves from being used for some reason. The lines "Unknown source" and "Generated an exception" in the error sort of give me this hunch.

Does anyone know if there's anything I could delete or edit to allow these moves through? This is becoming pretty frustrating =P
if i remember, the particle system for project korra uses nms packets, packets that are probably incompatible with MCPC as nms relies on bukkit source that might not be in MCPC

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
Just out of curiosity, I tried this with the old BukkitForge 1.6.4, since you said the nms packets might rely on bukkit source. Unfortunately, I got basically the same problem with a slightly different error.

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
AFAIK the Particle system is utilized for craftbukkit, it uses reflection so im not too sure if it will work on anything else which doesn't build off BukkitAPI, it works with spigot cause spigot does

GyozaGuy

Verified Member
I would love to see a fix for this too, since I only run Cauldron servers now. I don't know the details of how everything works under the hood and this might be too much work, but it would be neat to have an option in the config to use the vanilla particles for Cauldron servers even though they might not be as fancy.

dNiym

Verified Member
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Could not initialize class com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.Utilities.ParticleEffect

This error means the class Utilities.ParticleEffect could not be initialized while ParticleEffect.java is definitely include in the PK.jar and compiled it does rely on several other things... As they've said before if you're not using craftbukkit / spigot then it's quite possible that the plugin is looking for something in your server.jar but not finding it.. Ie the particle effects. I'm sure particle effects do exist in cauldron/forge/whatever but they may be called differently and this is what's causing the error.

If you have a dev on your server that is familiar with working with your paticular server.jar and related plugins they could probably compile the projectkorra.jar against your server.jar and figure out how to get the particles working and see what else is broken.

The only way for the PK devs to "fix" this is for the devs to either change how they're generating the particles all together or to build against your server.jar and see what breaks. There may very well be other things broken that aren't showing up as obviously as the particle effects.