• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Non-Canon Bending

Would this be a good possibility?

• Sure

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Gtfo pls

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

cmcmcpc

Verified Member
I know I'll probably regret posting this, but I'd like to bring up the topic of non-canon bending. After talking to other people I realized that, as the main Avatar series has ended, it's becoming harder for people to come up with canon moves. I'd like to post a chart I've been seeing that shows the "scientific aspect" of bending. Yes, I know bending is a spiritual art, and yes I know many people would like to keep their servers canon. All I want to do is bring up the topic, and to see if anyone would be willing to take the step and start creating or even thinking about non-canon moves (keep in mind this is not a suggestion and that I would not like to see this implemented in the official PK releases).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It wouldn't be call bending, now would it? ;) This plugin would rather have to be renamed into ProjectFiction or uploading custom bending would be forbidden, therefor removed. To me personally, If ability makers started to make new bending arts every day, week or even a month - I would definitely stop playing in other servers that have them. Why? It' would be hard to keep track of every custom elements, an to my expectations - it would just be a bad gameplay for me.

I thought you were referring to non-canon bending arts? Any way, there are some fictional custom abilities in here - frostbreath, snowstorm, daggerthrow, avatarform, medical kit, propel, airscooter plus, lavawalk ect..

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I think, much like JedCore is it's own ability pack in the form of a plugin, it would be nice for someone create another ability pack that has a bunch of "not canon" but logical bending arts, like this picture. So a server owner could decide to stay traditional or go for a more fantasy, scientific reality type server.

cmcmcpc

Verified Member
Like I said, I would never like to see this in an official release of the plugin, as it would destroy the goal of creating an accurate way of bring Avatar to Minecraft. I would just like to see if other people are interested in seeing community-created addons that would fall under the sub-elements listed.

cmcmcpc

Verified Member
Custom abilities are completely optional. If I had a server that was dead set on being accurate to the series, then I wouldn't download them.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I know that the choice is optional, but it is up to the server owners. I swear about 80% of servers would start downloading these kind of shitty (no offense) content, and I would have to survive from that. It wouldn't be much of bending experience would it?

After all, this is ProjectKorra, not ProjectDora. Korra ,and the elements she can bend, are canon. Dora however isn't. PK for giving the access to create custom bending arts and its subskills would just ruin the gameplay for me. From my input, I'd say no to your idea, sorry thought. Not feeling it :confused:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Water + Air DOES NOT equal Snow. Poison isn't Air + Water Either ;3 Lava is just heated earth, Plants are made of 90% Water. Gravity isn't a form of matter than one could physically bend. Pressure can be applied to Earth and Air aswell as water. None of these make any sense to me.

From an Owners perspective, I don't see how this could help a server with everybody bending a different element. Its hard to create tournaments and other fun bending related activities with such spread out groups. And frankly, telling your players to change their elements or they can't participate seems kind of mean to me.

cmcmcpc

Verified Member
I know, some of the things on this chart are completely dumb and/or don't even exist (FragtureBending ftw). If I had the ability to make these moves, I would categorize things better and more "realistically" than what the creator of this chart did. I really just wanted to see what other people thought about it. I wanted to post this after having a discussion with a friend so I could see how others felt. I now see I should have refined the list to explain myself better. :p

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
For some reason I want a portal gun plugin ...... after I saw Gravity on the chart

cmcmcpc

Verified Member
Yeah, I've gotten a bunch of Gravity suggestions from my players... A portal gun plugin would be a lot less op than some of the ideas I got. o-o