• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied AirBurst Deflects Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
When realeasing charge airburst in a cone-shape burst (left-click), any incoming earthsmash projectile in its way will be deflected back from where it came from.

Canon: Aang vs Bumi fight; Opal.

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think that earthsmash should definitely not be redirected.. Maybe slowed! But this would be cool with earthblast (seems easier to push).

Green

Verified Member
Earthsmash is too big, doesn't make any sense. Air is about dodging not anything like this...

HydroMan

Verified Member
Earthsmash is too big, doesn't make any sense. Air is about dodging not anything like this...
Adding this one little feature wouldn't.

Doesn't make sense? How come? Aang and Opeal didn't have a big restrain in redirecting them. Well actually; Aang was the only one who redirected, if I recalled correctly. Opeal just pushed her aunt's and mom's earthsmash backwards, that were held-bended above them.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think that earthsmash should definitely not be redirected..
Why not? i can agree for an earthbender to not be capable of redericting it's own natureed technique, but it shouldn't mean another one random element couldn't. We need Diversity :/

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
You do notice in real life that earthsmash would be 9 by 9 by 9 feet, that is too big for air to be able to hit it back.

HydroMan

Verified Member
You do notice in real life that earthsmash would be 9 by 9 by 9 feet, that is too big for air to be able to hit it back.
So what are you purpose of doing?!! Earthblast is a size of a 1 menter and it can be DEFLECTED and has NO-CHARGE time, which makes a noobiest earthbenders shoot it out that easily that of a BIG rock. Not sure what are trying to point out, but accordint to you watermanipulation should renamed into "wave" and "surge", if you trying to bring this odd minecraft fact.

Are you trying to make earthsmash only usable by avatarstate due to its size by this popular game fact, because I don't know why you bringed up thiss argument of the boulder's dimension numbers?

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
While in minecraft each block is consider to be 1x1 meter width and tall, we can't precisely approximate the number down, the closest being 0.5 m with an half block. While this limits us some in making the size of builds the precise size, in the game the earthsmash acttually looks as if it would be about the size of 1.2 meters comparing to our player character size, so we pretend to be of a that dimensioon despite this twister fact. If we made earthsmash the size taking with this fact as consideration, earthsmash would be consider to be an avatarstate thingy only accoplished since when did we see a normal earthbender bending 3 meters tall rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.