• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirBlast&Suction should go through 'pipes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Remember the episode, where aang decieve the fire nation soldiers into believing that she was an earthbender, in order for her to be purposely taken captive next to Haru and free him from the rig. Aang did it by airblasting a boulder, throught the ventilation pipe which was from him to the boulder's bottom hidded, cause the boulder to be lift while katara was posing in bending the rock.

This proofs that airbenders can send a gust of air that doesn't only follow one direction. I purpose that when launching AirBlast in 1x1 block deep hole, it should bounce of a block and continue heading through the whole pathway even if the trajectory/direction is change of the hole.

I'll give you an example, for a better understanding as what I'm saying might not make sense to you:
Imagine that airblast can travel up to 13 blocks. There is a hole underground which is 3 blocks deep, and the end of it is connected to another 7 blocks hole at the right turning, and following those 7 blocks there are 2 blocks upward facing the sky hole. So If I airblast in the hole (which btw is 1x1 block wide) it would go across the whole hole, blowing the air from the other opening/end.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
No, this is definitely needed.
Imagine how cool it would be using this
You could create a lot of cool things, like A LOT!
Airbending door, traps, maybe even a way to make floor vents that lift players and other objects!

Verified Member
Airbending door, traps, maybe even a way to make floor vents that lift players and other objects!

hm i guess it would be cool but one thing how would it really help like how could you make a trap and why would you want a trap that you can only operate when you a) know somethings there and b) are there to operate. but i admit it would be cool to have so its not in my to 3 things i want, just it would be cool

SuperBower118

Verified Member
This is interesting- though I think some more detail in it would be more ideal.
Certain pipes would work. These would be the strong(er) blocks. This means leaves can't be used as pipes.
Maybe Fireblast and torrent could go through the pipes as well

HydroMan

Verified Member
For torrent, im thinking the pipe should be in a staircase formation going down, so once the torrent is launched at it, the torrent will pour down the hole pipe, like how any other water would. Since to my comman knowledge sense, it shouldn't deal damage (correct if im wrong), due to torrent running at a slower speed.
hm i guess it would be cool but one thing how would it really help like how could you make a trap and why would you want a trap that you can only operate when you a) know somethings there and b) are there to operate. but i admit it would be cool to have so its not in my to 3 things i want, just it would be cool
Like, imagine having an secret
This is interesting- though I think some more detail in it would be more ideal.
Certain pipes would work. These would be the strong(er) blocks. This means leaves can't be used as pipes.
Maybe Fireblast and torrent could go through the pipes as well
airbending camp, and that airbenders can only access it. There could be a well hidden or enclosed in a room hidden switch, where you would flick the switch by airblasting through the 1x1 hole, that goes zigzag ways from you to next to the lever.

Another of my thought scenario would be, an airbender trapped in a cave, glued by cowweb. Above you is the ground luckely transparent (eg. glass) You see throught the glass an earthbender standing next to lava about to spam 2 earthsmashes at you. You also notice that behind him is so called 'pipe', which the other end of it right infront of you. So you airblast throught the pipe, air reaches the back of the bender, pushes him to the airbender and he dies.

Can I use it for my post?

Status
Not open for further replies.