• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Condensation Technique

Opinions?

• I like this idea and would love to see it implemented :D

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I like this idea but I think it needs a little tweaking :3

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I don't really think it's necessary but I don't mind :I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think this would unbalance it and/or I don't want it :/

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

astraelis7

Verified Member
*I DID SEARCH FOR THIS IDEA ELSEWHERE = DID NOT FIND SEPARATE THREAD WITH THIS NAME*

This idea has cropped up with various waterbending move threads but I couldn't find a separate thread on it (with this name - which is the wiki term). I'm not saying my current version is perfect - it's more to open a discussion and get input.

A separate ability could be made so that, when click shift, 1 water bottle will fill up without a source.

I personally don't think this is particularly OP. I limited it to water bottles for practicality. This technique is shown various times in the show - particularly by Hama as I'm sure you all know. It could perhaps have a long cool down and/or only work during rain. Perhaps you have to wait a while for the bottle to fill up (but this charge time is reduced in rain). I hope you get the general idea - please post your own variations and suggestions :D This would bring a great aspect to waterbending - particularly pvp on land I think...

Gahshunk

Verified Member
It could be like cooking with heat control in terms of time intervals holding shift. I like this.

astraelis7

Verified Member
Yes I had another idea on my way to school similar to Gahshunk's where the skill is passive (i.e. hold shift on any slot) but the slot must have an empty bottle for it to fill up :3 Does that make sense?

V

Vidcom

Personally, to stop waterbenders being able to just have water sources everywhere (which kinda breaks down the limits of the element, which are there for a reason), I'd have it in a state where they can use this in rain ONLY. Besides that, great idea :)

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Orion stated a while ago that you can't properly implement such a thing, because measuring if it rains on a block is very unreliable. You'd be able to fill bottles underground in a cave, whilst it is raining outside.

V

Vidcom

Orion stated a while ago that you can't properly implement such a thing, because measuring if it rains on a block is very unreliable. You'd be able to fill bottles underground in a cave, whilst it is raining outside.
Hmmmm, true...

owlcool

Verified Member
Who waterbends in a cave?

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Cross made the waterbending in a cave example to show the unreliable ways of identifying if a player is in a rain block animation. As Vidcom said, the player would need to do this in rain, so being able to fill up your bottle without rain inside a cave while it is raining outside would be unpractical.

~Apple<3

HadesDude

Verified Member
Personally, to stop waterbenders being able to just have water sources everywhere (which kinda breaks down the limits of the element, which are there for a reason), I'd have it in a state where they can use this in rain ONLY. Besides that, great idea :)
Why not make it so you can only collect water from certain biomes?

V

Vidcom

Why not make it so you can only collect water from certain biomes?
I suppose that could be done but that would be a complete pain to walk around to find that one right biome just cause you got stuck in a desert for a bit
Or check if any blocks are above you blocking the rain.
I'm fairly sure that if this could be done, we'd have implemented rainbending by now :c

HadesDude

Verified Member
I suppose that could be done but that would be a complete pain to walk around to find that one right biome just cause you got stuck in a desert for a bit
Don't forget that there are water sources in deserts (The bushes and cacti), you just wouldn't be able to pull water out of the air in the desert.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
We COULD make it with elevations. Like you cannot use this move below y:60 or something like that. I know that some biomes will go way over that and you could bend underground, but that would be closer to the only above ground thing.

VCSunlit

Verified Member
I think this ability should only work in the rain, so that waterbenders can't just bend water out of no where in the desert.

astraelis7

Verified Member
I'm not trying to be rude, but condensation is using when it's RAINING.
Actually, in the series and in Physics, condensation (of water) is from water vapour in the air to liquid water ; not when it's raining. I just added that for practicality and not to make it OP

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
Actually, in the series and in Physics, condensation (of water) is from water vapour in the air to liquid water ; not when it's raining. I just added that for practicality and not to make it OP
Yeah, but condensation will be way too OP, maybe have only few moves allow the technique without needing a bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.