• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent addon

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Element: water
Move: torrent
Type: addon
Description: basically instead of having to draw the the water around you then shoot it, you can shoot the torrent straight from the water. To make this not op it should have a cool down and be weaker than a normal torrent. Also the player should not be able to control it like a normal torrent. Tell me what you think xD

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member
Yea but the wave thing is a pivotal move And this just makes it a big WaterManipulation
I'm just saying as an addon for a quick torrent and I don't want to get rid of the wave just add this. Plus the player can choose whether they want to draw it around them or just shoot it from the water. And if you shoot it from the water it has a big cool down so it can't be spammed like water manipulation.

nutterbutter

Verified Member
I like this. The plugin portrays water as a slow element always needed to shift and look at sources and keep following the streams of water. I think a quick way to blast your opponent away is very realistic and a fantastic idea.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I like this. The plugin portrays water as a slow element always needed to shift and look at sources and keep following the streams of water. I think a quick way to blast your opponent away is very realistic and a fantastic idea.
Thank you for the support I agree it would be nice to have a quick but strong move to blast opponents with.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I can agree on this. But lets a debuff to that addon. When you launch the torrent prohectile straight throught without forming a ring, you shouldn't be able to change its course. By that I mean where you click, there the torrent snake will go with the aim locked. Also, it shouldn't freeze. The concept of a charging move is better then non-charge, as the power gains more energy, making it stronger and versitily. Like for example bow&arrow - if launch to quick, the arrow speed would be slow, resulting less blocks to travel far then fully charge one.

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member
I can agree on this. But lets a debuff to that addon. When you launch the torrent prohectile straight throught without forming a ring, you shouldn't be able to change its course. By that I mean where you click, there the torrent snake will go with the aim locked. Also, it shouldn't freeze. The concept of a charging move is better then non-charge, as the power gains more energy, making it stronger and versitily. Like for example bow&arrow - if launch to quick, the arrow speed would be slow, resulting less blocks to travel far then fully charge one.
I completely agree with this it shouldnt be able to be controlled and not freeze I'll add that xD

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Element: water
Move: torrent
Type: addon
Description: basically instead of having to draw the the water around you then shoot it, you can shoot the torrent straight from the water. To make this not op it should have a cool down and be weaker than a normal torrent. Also the player should not be able to control it like a normal torrent. Tell me what you think xD
I swear i've made a thread exactly like this, and I believe it was looked into...

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
It would be dumb to make an addon of Torrent basically when there's WaterManipulation. I understand that it's an "addon" to Torrent, but this will totally ruin the potential of people even using the "spin-stream" function of Torrent.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yea but the wave thing is a pivotal move And this just makes it a big WaterManipulation
It would be dumb to make an addon of Torrent basically when there's WaterManipulation. I understand that it's an "addon" to Torrent, but this will totally ruin the potential of people even using the "spin-stream" function of Torrent.
I agree with these folks.

NickC1211

Verified Member
It has a cool down so it would be close to impossible for someone to use this as a replacement to the normal torrent, also it does less damage which is another reason it won't replace normal torrent. It's not a glorified water manipulation because it will still have the effect of a torrent like the knock back and drag. Also you can't change its course.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It has a cool down so it would be close to impossible for someone to use this as a replacement to the normal torrent, also it does less damage which is another reason it won't replace normal torrent. It's not a glorified water manipulation because it will still have the effect of a torrent like the knock back and drag. Also you can't change its course.
Its a WaterManipulation with drag.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
It seems this add-on would be too similar to WaterManipulation. Basically a larger, more powerful WaterManipulation with a cooldown.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Yeah, it is similar to watermanipulation. But without adding my changes, it would ruin it completely the purpose to spin around the ring and shoot.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I agree with these folks.
Yeah, it is similar to watermanipulation. But without adding my changes, it would ruin it completely the purpose to spin around the ring and shoot.
I agree with these guys also. Torrent doesn't take years to launch- infact, with the potential DoT that it can do right now when it sweeps up people, I think torrent is fine as it is. All this seems to be is a fancy version of watermanip that you can't redirect and does a bit more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.