• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

BloodBending Balance

Balance BloodBending?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
If it were the case in which there was no limit to how long you are able to bloodbend during a full moon, there should be a seriously long cool down, because if not then you'd have donator level powers once a moon cycle.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
I did this because you would be BloodBending when it isn't a full moon, which if possible would cause immense strain to your mind and body. That's also why the damage doesn't happen during a full moon, which correlates to the show. Also, I know about Yakone, he is an exception with some strange genetic mutation. BloodBending shouldn't be limited to only a full moon so ppl will be abe to any time anyways. This is also why the power of it changes depending on the moon phase.

No, I think that heart loss is the way to go. It's the best way to 'limit' bloodbending and make it not op. The heart loss imitates strain on the body, which is why after taking a certain amount of hearts (strain on body) you can no longer do it. Next, I talked about Yakone in my above response. I do think that only BloodBenders should be able to escape being BloodBent while the other bender can still BloodBend you, possibly only by using your BloodBending to negate theirs.
I just remembered. As I said when I suggested people being able to break out of the bloodbenders will, I have another example besides Katara. If you remember from Book one episode twelve of Legend of Korra, "Endgame" towards the end she was actually able to do two things while being bloodbent. She was able to move against the will of Amon, and able to bend while she was being controlled. This is only relevant because this was after she'd lost waterbending and hadn't learned to go into the Avatar state yet.
Plus, she wasn't a bloodbender when she had her bending. Also, in the very same episode Macho was able to electrocute Amon before he was able to take his bending away. It was only when Amon violently enforced his will over Macho that he couldn't escape the second time.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
Hm, I think it might have had to do with Amon using bloodbending so often. (Especially that day) that their will was somehow able to let them move "slightly" though I still think if we let people just bend willy nilly while being bloodbent it'd wouldn't be 'cannon' or keep bloodbending still good. I think maybe they could still punch the bloodbender while being bent possibly but I don't think enabling full on bending while being bloodbent would be a good idea.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
Hm, I think it might have had to do with Amon using bloodbending so often. (Especially that day) that their will was somehow able to let them move "slightly" though I still think if we let people just bend willy nilly while being bloodbent it'd wouldn't be 'cannon' or keep bloodbending still good. I think maybe they could still punch the bloodbender while being bent possibly but I don't think enabling full on bending while being bloodbent would be a good idea.
Maybe the basic moves?

Blockkkster

Verified Member
o.0 I'm surprised so many people like the over simplistic not at all like the show completely OP bloodbending that we currently have..

Status
Not open for further replies.