• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New EarthBending Move: EarthShift

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Name: EarthShift

Element: Earth

Canon? Yes

Description: When this move is performed, the Earthbender causes the earth underneath their target's feet to shift, moving them to the side. Toph uses this move on Sokka in "The Chase" when he tries to stop Toph from leaving the group after an argument. I could not find a gif. This is how it would work. With the move bound, simply tap shift while looking at the target, and they will be moved very quickly 5 blocks to either the left or right. (It is completely random whether they are sent to the left or right.) If the target it not touching the ground (He is on AirSpout, WaterSpout, jumping in the air, etc.) the move will not work. The move has a 10 second cool down (configurable, of course). This move could also come with a sound effect like the sound from Extraction or something like that.

That's it! Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

djmyernos

Verified Member
How else would it be accomplished so quickly? I'm sure there are other ways, but it needs to be instantaneous. It's not like you are being teleported very far, only 5 blocks. But if you have another idea please let me know.

HydroMan

Verified Member
How else would it be accomplished so quickly? I'm sure there are other ways, but it needs to be instantaneous. It's not like you are being teleported very far, only 5 blocks. But if you have another idea please let me know.
Well, ummh, Idk maybe MOVE the player w/ w/o the earth block below him/her/it.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ok I didn't know if that was possible or not. Would it moving the player like it does in Bloodbending?
Well, as you wanted for it to be instant, I think the speed could be of a catapult that reaches the player in the sky speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.