• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Charging moves (new concept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
I'm going to get right to the point and say that move-charging needs to be expanded on, because it is really lame as of right now.
For example, the default earthsmash looks like this:

As shown in the picture above, earthsmash uses a decent amount of earth , and creates a small sized boulder. Let's say the charge time is 1.2 seconds (as it is in my config) and it does 3 hearts of damage, along with a range of 30 and knockback of 3.5.
I suggest the charge time be lowered to 0.6 seconds for the first charge (more info below) and 1/2 heart for the damage however the range would be drastically lowered to 10, and the knockback would be 0.5. (It looks like the normal earthsmash)

The second charge would be 1.2 seconds, and do 2 hearts of damage, with a range of 25 and a knockback of 2.5. However it uses more earth than the first charge! (It looks like this)

The third charge would be 1.8 seconds, and do 3.5 hearts of damage with a range of 35 and a knockback of 3.5, a range of 35, and a knockback of 3.5. This uses even more earth than the second charge! (It looks like this)

IMPORTANT: \V/

General information about charges:
  • The first charge takes a small amount of time to do, with a small amount of damage, range, and knockback. (and uses the least amount of water or earth , if applicable) If it is a non-damaging move that has no knockback (raiseearth) then it would be the normal size
  • The second charge is like the current values, it has a decent amount of damage, range, and knockback. ( and uses a bit more amount of water or earth) If it is a non-damaging move that has no knockback (raiseearth) then it would be bigger/more effective (like waterwave being charged would last longer)
  • The third charge is a stronger version, that takes a bit longer to charge, with more damage, range, and knockback (but uses a lot of water or earth!) If it is a non-damaging move that has no knockback (raiseearth) then it would much more effective. (wouldn't last longer but would be much faster)

Charges can be indicated in a few ways, really up to the pk team to make this decision.
I recommend that the first charge has a small amount of particles, with more particles added for every charge.
Although this could also be done with the particles changing colors, that would look kind of weird.
More examples below.
Default raiseearth : (also the first charge)

Second charge: (the wall raises another block to the left and right)

Third charge: (the wall raises another layer to be two blocks thick)

Default torrent: (also the first charge)

Second charge would have the torrent being a little longer, too lazy to make a picture and I think it's kinda obvious
Third charge would be a full circle, with the general info about charging applied here (more damage, knockback, range, and uses more than 1 bottle/block of water)

credits : thx gang for supporting me and inspiring me to post this even though i was lazy and didnt want to.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Some moves are activated as soon as you tap shift, while I agree some moves should have charged forms, not everything. Somethings have alternates. You can line up several RaiseEarth walls as to make it thicker, you can have multiple EarthSmashs ready to fire, other things can become greatly more useful/lethal if you can time them right.

Loony

Verified Member
I'm going to mark pending review for now, I wanna see how the community feels about this.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This would be pretty neat for some moves. Even if it wasn't necessarily a change in size per change/how ever long you hold it down, I definitely agree with the stats for each move being upped.

Nice suggestion. :)

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
I really like the idea. I've wanted something similar for Lightning for the longest time since it's basically canon. Having different charge levels for every charged move would be an even better idea tho.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Charged FireBlast
  1. Charge too early: the damage would be of a normak fireblast
  2. Charge at the right time: effective, /normal charge fireblast
  3. Charge too late: same as above, except it will miss the target as the projectile will be heading 2 blocks to the side diagonally, away from the original cursor.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Charged FireBlast
  3. Charge too late: same as above, except it will miss the target as the projectile will be heading 2 blocks to the side diagonally, away from the original cursor.
So you're saying to remove the ability to hold a charged fireblast that will actually work normally...
Not sure if I like that or not...

HydroMan

Verified Member
So you're saying to remove the ability to hold a charged fireblast that will actually work normally...
No. I was saying if you charge fireblast, but then you release it to early (if it has indication for showing smoke when it is charge, then I mean by when you release it before smoke appears) - level 1 it will the damage that is the same amount of a default configurabled normal fireblast. Got it now?

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
No. I was saying if you charge fireblast, but then you release it to early (if it has indication for showing smoke when it is charge, then I mean by when you release it before smoke appears) - level 1 it will the damage that is the same amount of a default configurabled normal fireblast. Got it now?
But what about level 3? That's what I'm talking about..

HydroMan

Verified Member
But what about level 3? That's what I'm talking about..
No, what would it actually do is the same thing as regular charge fireblast that we have in the plugin of right now, but despite of the cursor coordination where it is aiming, the aim will be moved to the left/right side, like 2 blocks away, thus missing the target even tho the cursor is pointing right at him.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
No, what would it actually do is the same thing as regular charge fireblast that we have in the plugin of right now, but despite of the cursor coordination where it is aiming, the aim will be moved to the left/right side, like 2 blocks away, thus missing the target even tho the cursor is pointing right at him.
I still don't understand what you mean by charging too late... but I do understand what you mean about the 3rd level effects on the move

HydroMan

Verified Member
So that's basically just removing the feature to hold a charge for a fireblast that will be in it's charged version, which I disagree with.
No, no. I'll give you an example: Lets just pretend that charge fireblast is made when you are holding sneak for 5 or more seconds by default.Suggestion: If I charge fireblast less then 5 seconds (level 1 charging), it would deal the same amount of damage as of a normal fireblast would. Or the other thing I suggest for level 1 charging that it could either just deal less damage then of regular charge fireblast or leave none except fire damage. Level 2 charge fireblast is made when you are charging for 5-7 seconds. It would simple act as a normal charge fireblast, so no need to explain it more. In level 3 charging, is if you continue to charge fireblast after 8 or more seconds has passed, the fireblast will fail, as of punishment for the player to not charge it that long enough. As I have explained before, this will miss the target. Also when charging, blacksmoke will indicate when is it the right to launch charge fireblast (level 2) after it appears.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
No, no. I'll give you an example: Lets just pretend that charge fireblast is made when you are holding sneak for 5 or more seconds by default.Suggestion: If I charge fireblast less then 5 seconds (level 1 charging), it would deal the same amount of damage as of a normal fireblast would. Or the other thing I suggest for level 1 charging that it could either just deal less damage then of regular charge fireblast or leave none except fire damage. Level 2 charge fireblast is made when you are charging for 5-7 seconds. It would simple act as a normal charge fireblast, so no need to explain it more. In level 3 charging, is if you continue to charge fireblast after 8 or more seconds has passed, the fireblast will fail, as of punishment for the player to not charge it that long enough. As I have explained before, this will miss the target. Also when charging, blacksmoke will indicate when is it the right to launch charge fireblast (level 2) after it appears.
I don't see why you should get punished for "charging too long" as you might want to hold a charge until your opponent falls down to the ground, they drop their shield, etc.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Charged FireBlast
Maybe an optional feature, but that would be more of an inconvenience :p
thanks for contributing though ! ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.