• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Revamp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Note: @Easte said I should rewrite my old thread (somewhat hurtful...), so here it is.

One, lets change bottlebending. I say you can only do moves if you had X amount of bottles.
(To tie into my second suggestion, you cannot use bottles to make water surround you.)

Two, watermanipulation isn't a move in the show, it an ability. So I suggest we make watermanipulation take water towards you and have water surrounding you (like torrent) so you can have it for later use.

It would start as going to watermanipulation and instead of tapping shift and left click, you would
hold shift and left click. (Just to clarify, to shoot watermanip. from water, do it normally. This is just adding a second ability.) Water would come up from the water and surround you until you need it for later use. Now you can carry water with you. To do moves like watermanipulation/icespike, just left click. Moves like surge shield and torrent still require you to hold shift and/or left click. If surge misses, it will not come back to you. (Feedback always helpful.)

People say it would be OP, but just like bottlebending, you need a certain amount of water to activate a move.

For example, *you have 8 blocks of water and you do 4 watermanipulation/icespike, you only have 4 blocks of water left. So you decided to use torrent. You got rid of all of the water, but torrent was weaker than usual.* In that example, the amount of water you have influence the damage output and the way a move looks.

Even if you think it is still OP, certain moves are one time only. Torrent, Surge and Water Arms.

Three, I want water reuse involved in suggestion Two. When you do surge shield, it takes all of the water you have. When you stop the shield, it gives it back for another use. Octopusform takes all of the water, but gives it back when you are done. Watermanipulation will NOT give water back.

This would add a fluid battle system which alot of waterbenders wanted.

Feedback is appreciated.

@Taiko the Waterbender @TheWaterSpirit @paris0901 @HydroMan

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
It seems overly complicated for a revamp that isn't needed and WaterManipulation or (something akin) has been seen plenty of times.

promancer

Verified Member
I donz like it.
Watermanip is like the icon of the plugin. Its like waters version of earthblast. Also, if waterbottles should be nerfed, metalbending should be no excuse for this rule. Im js.

Hero

Verified Member
I donz like it.
Watermanip is like the icon of the plugin. Its like waters version of earthblast. Also, if waterbottles should be nerfed, metalbending should be no excuse for this rule. Im js.
I just...
I said that you can use watermanipulation normally.
If you want to have water with you, just hold ahift instead of tapping....

promancer

Verified Member
I just...
I said that you can use watermanipulation normally.
If you want to have water with you, just hold ahift instead of tapping....
Also, i dont like how you plan to ridiculously nerf waterbending. A wise man once said that Just because its canon doesnt mean it should be added.

Hero

Verified Member
Also, i dont like how you plan to ridiculously nerf waterbending. A wise man once said that Just because its canon doesnt mean it should be added.
You do realize I main water, so wth would I nerf water?
And this is supposed to help water with the issue of being limited to ponds and such. If you find a suggestion OP/UP, try thinking of a way to improve it instead of just being negative ;)

promancer

Verified Member
You do realize I main water, so wth would I nerf water?
And this is supposed to help water with the issue of being limited to ponds and such. If you find a suggestion OP/UP, try thinking of a way to improve it instead of just being negative ;)
I said nothing negative, i did not insult you in any way. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean its negative. ;)
Water shouldnt constantly be limited to ponds. Do you want watercamping to incline? Back to what i said. Water shouldnt have to constantly stay at a stream to be able to play. The whole reason katara was able to fight is because she had more fluid moves. We do not have that option. We dont have the ability to turn a surge into a wall of spikes. We cant stop watermanip in its tracks to threaten someone. We are limited by code. That is why this is needed. Because water cant be fluid in this plugin, sorry but its true.

Hero

Verified Member
I said nothing negative, i did not insult you in any way. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean its negative. ;)
Water shouldnt constantly be limited to ponds. Do you want watercamping to incline? Back to what i said. Water shouldnt have to constantly stay at a stream to be able to play. The whole reason katara was able to fight is because she had more fluid moves. We do not have that option. We dont have the ability to turn a surge into a wall of spikes. We cant stop watermanip in its tracks to threaten someone. We are limited by code. That is why this is needed. Because water cant be fluid in this plugin, sorry but its true.
Are you agreeing or not agreeing?

promancer

Verified Member
Are you agreeing or not agreeing?
Disagreeing. The reason 1 surge water bottle bending is in the plugin is because fluid movements of the actual waterbenders have yet to be implemented. In a way, we traded fluid movements for better waterbottles. Also, this is mc. You can carry a 64 stack of blocks half the size of your body. Whos to say how much water is in the bottles <.<

Hero

Verified Member
Disagreeing. The reason 1 surge water bottle bending is in the plugin is because fluid movements of the actual waterbenders have yet to be implemented. In a way, we traded fluid movements for better waterbottles. Also, this is mc. You can carry a 64 stack of blocks half the size of your body. Whos to say how much water is in the bottles <.<
Uh....What are you trying to say?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I still don't think "carrying around a bunch of water" is needed in any area besides bottles.

Hero

Verified Member
I still don't think "carrying around a bunch of water" is needed in any area besides bottles.
Aw. It was in the show and I think bottlebending should be nerfed and "watermanipulation" should be added. Its meant to get rid of the limits of ponds and add a fluid battle system.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Aw. It was in the show and I think bottlebending should be nerfed and "watermanipulation" should be added. Its meant to get rid of the limits of ponds and add a fluid battle system.
I don't see how this would be more fluid, it's literally allowing you to move probably 20 blocks away from a consistent water source.

Status
Not open for further replies.