• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earthlash/Earthlasso

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperJunior

Verified Member
So I had this idea while playing on a server, and the airbenders where quite annoying, as a earthbender myself, I thought if we can add a similar move like firewhip but for earth, here is the idea, earthblocks shoot from the earth and upon hitting a target in the AIR, not only a block, but in the air, they will be slowed and pulled down SLOWLY.

Even if this move isn't really in Avatar, I thought earthbenders can use it to get a grip on air benders :)

How to use : 1) shift on a earthbendable block 2) left click at something in the air

Cooldown : 4 second cooldown? or 6?

Why this isn't OP : This wouldn't be really OP since its basicly a firewhip but for earthbenders, and lets be honest, its annoying to kill airbenders without aiming with 100% accuracy and knocking them down with Earthshard

Fuzzy

Verified Member
Why this isn't OP : This wouldn't be really OP since its basicly a firewhip but for earthbenders
Firewhip is not even added into project korra... Look, airbenders only have 2 abilities that do damage and one of them is a combo. I understand you would like an ability that contains users, but why not think of a move more realistic to the show. There are actually plenty of them :p

HydroMan

Verified Member
How about an actual ARM made out of earth spouting from a earth to the clicked airbendibg, having a grib to grab an airbender in a clenched fist, trapping him and then smashin him? I would say it would be better thrn an earthwhip

Fuzzy

Verified Member
How about an actual ARM made out of earth spouting from a earth to the clicked airbendibg, having a grib to grab an airbender in a clenched fist, trapping him and then smashin him? I would say it would be better thrn an earthwhip
You cant make abilities to target only certain benders... and this is highly unrealistic. Sorry, it's a no from me xD

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
You use EarthGrab when they land and then quickly use EarthBlast from the grabbed earth. Or just aim better.

This is a shortcut to using strategy or planning in battle, not to mention it would only have one use

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You cant make abilities to target only certain benders... and this is highly unrealistic. Sorry, it's a no from me xD
Well you could sorta.
If you already have the player targeted: (for example)
Code:
if (GeneralMethods.getBendingPlayer(targetedplayer.getName()).hasElement(Element.Air)) {
    //do stuffs
}

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Verified Member
Well you could sorta.
If you already have the player targeted: (for example)
Code:
if (GeneralMethods.getBendingPlayer(targetedplayer.getName()).hasElement(Element.Air)) {
    //do stuffs
}
I didn't mean that there wasn't a way to do it, cause I know you could target them by their selected element. What I meant was it wouldn't be helpful to have a move that just targets one bender. That's like having a fireburst that only does damage to waterbenders. It is just highly un-realistic :p

Hero

Verified Member
I didn't mean that there wasn't a way to do it, cause I know you could target them by their selected element. What I meant was it wouldn't be helpful to have a move that just targets one bender. That's like having a fireburst that only does damage to waterbenders. It is just highly un-realistic :p
I wouldn't mind if it hurts airbenders

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I wouldn't mind if it hurts airbenders
It doesn't matter if its Balanced or not at this stage, it is so uncannon it doesn't even matter. Bender's aren't Pokémon, there isn't a "Super Effective!" aspect the same way nothing is immune.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Although it would probably help you out, there are plenty other ways to defeat airbenders without having to capture them and slowly bring them down just so you can murder them. Besides, you can already capture a Airbender/any bender in mid air and bring them down/control them with MetalClips.
I understand you would like an ability that contains users, but why not think of a move more realistic to the show.
Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.