• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Avalanche (Lava ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Name: Avalanche
Element: Earth
SubElement: Lava
How used: Shift
Description: Anyone who has watched TLK should remember the scene where Ghazan destroyed a part of one of the Ba Sing Sae walls. I've been thinking for a long while about how to possible implement this into minecraft, and I think I've come to a very close outcome. What this would do, is when you shift towards a wall, a one block stream of lava would go until it reached the wall, default range from the player to the wall should be 8 blocks. What would happen to the wall could be two things, if the wall has a length of less than or equal to 4 blocks, the wall would basically split open the entire way up, and shape a wide V as the lava progressed up the wall. The next part would be when Ghazan was in the temple/cave fighting Bolin and Mako, he made the entire place crumble and turn to lava. What this would do, is when the lava reached the wall, it would expand as far up as it could, and if it hit a ceiling that is earthbendable, it would spread along the ceiling too. The way it would spread up the wall would be random each time and would spread outwards from the single line also. This would be a kind of last resort ability. The lava would also spread into multiple streams, and if any earthblock along the ceiling gets isolated from the rest around it, it would turn into a falling block. The lava would not be able to be manually reverted, it would cool by itself.

Please post suggestions and such, this is a lot I know.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think it's too massive for 1 move maybe a combo?
Sure lets make it a combo with the one default lava ability :D Lol the sarcasm, but could you suggest the combination of abilities that would be used to achieve this?

Moonelight

Verified Member
I agree the move is a bit massive, but I also think that with some improvements it could turn out nice. Ill mark it looking into for now.

Hero

Verified Member
Hmmm.....I think this move is great!
I would bring mkre skill to lavabending and make it more interesting.

Problem is.....it's kinda big for one move.
I think that the move should start out as lavaflow, but you shift in the lava and click a direction for it to go. And to make the ceiling turn to lava, a lava block would have to be in a certain range.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hmmm.....I think this move is great!
I would bring mkre skill to lavabending and make it more interesting.

Problem is.....it's kinda big for one move.
I think that the move should start out as lavaflow, but you shift in the lava and click a direction for it to go. And to make the ceiling turn to lava, a lava block would have to be in a certain range.
I don't think that'd work well considering when you click with lavaflow it makes that lava pool

orfeas

Verified Member
Sure lets make it a combo with the one default lava ability :D Lol the sarcasm, but could you suggest the combination of abilities that would be used to achieve this?
Well i got an idea Lavaflow(tap shift)>lavaflow(tap shift)>lavaflow(hold shift)>earthblast(left click)
You must not release shift when you change to earthblast and left click .I suggested an erthblast at the end because the lava would be line of lava at the direction you were looking(like you said) so i think that the shooting effect of earthblast is fitting .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.