• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earth- Mud slap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeref

Verified Member
This would be a earth move it would be a aimed attacked that travels on the the ground the range would be about 5-7 blocks and if it hits it would cause slowness and maybe blindness it would have a high cool down not to be spam-able.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
A while back there was a huge debate about mud-bending. From what we've seen in the series the determining factor of if mud is water or earth really depends on the composition of the mud and how much water is present, something we cant determine in minecraft. This is also the reason using logs as a source of water is looked as un-addable.

Edit: This doesn't belong in the RPG plugin suggestions, this should go in core.

Zeref

Verified Member
In the anime mud was formed by a earth bender so rightly so it should be a earth move, Yes it is a hard one to decide

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
In the anime mud was formed by a earth bender so rightly so it should be a earth move, Yes it is a hard one to decide
1. I personally have no issue with it, but there are people who will bite your head off for calling it anime.
2. An earthbender never actually made mud
3. In ATLA when Toph and Katara fight in mud, we see Katara bend it as it is mostly water, while Toph Kicks the mud in Katara's face. You can see it if you watch carefully, it also says this in the transcript.
4. In LOK when Toph bends mud, you can notice how is far thicker and less viscous than the mud in the aforementioned scene.
5. Like I said, it depends on how much water is in the mud, which is something that isn't measurable in minecraft.

Moonelight

Verified Member
A easy way to determine if it is mud or not would to have this move only use-able on dirt blocks next to a water source.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
A easy way to determine if it is mud or not would to have this move only use-able on dirt blocks next to a water source.
But then wouldn't the mud be highly saturated and thus a waterbendable mud? I would think that mud caused by light rain, dew, etc would be earthbendable.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I believe mud is bend-able by Waterbenders aswell, so yes
I think that because the line for this concept is too fine for it to be determined in this game (a game where the thinnest line is a meter). Not to mention that this was rarely seen and not really necessary

Zeref

Verified Member
Well no as with metal bending being able to feel the earth inside would it be like mud where you feel the earth inside the mud

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Well no as with metal bending being able to feel the earth inside would it be like mud where you feel the earth inside the mud
Two entirely different concepts. That's like comparing Apples and Oranges because they're both fruit.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I thought of a thing, when Pickle begin pointing about how we can't measurable. The things we can kinda apply similar concepth to the farmland block. I know this is nothing alike mudbending, but what i thought of, is dry farmland could be bendable by earthbendable and as well be set as a default earth source in configs, while hydrated farmland block could br bendable by waterbenders and be use like for waterbending but with hydrated farmland instead of actual water (like watermanipulation made out of farmland block). IK this is not even related with mud, but it kinda can be measured by this two blockd in this small idea (obviously it is too dumb for this to be added)

Moonelight

Verified Member
Like some stated above, MudBending isn't a very necessary subelement. It isn't even on the official ProjectKorra list for subelements. Not only that, but there is no real way to determine mud over dry dirt. Try remaking this suggestion, but more detailed so we can understand more.

Sorry, but denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.