• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Another airbending aesthetic~

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
After reading Hero's thread about taking away fall damage immunity, I thought of a quick something to make the passive a bit more realistic, instead of getting rid out it.

The Idea
Unless an air bender was unconscious, an air bender would always be able to either:
1) Slowly drift downwards.
2) Abruptly stop their fall with air so they don't take any real damage.

#1 Slowing down
So I was thinking, maybe there is a way for us to at least partially simulate that effect? My proposal is that upon falling close to the ground {depending on height, at least} the air bender would automatically slow down and drift as though time slowed, all the while air particles come from underneath them in a similar fashion to air glide. This slowing down process would only happen around a small, but still lethal drop of about 10 or so blocks, and would kick in a few blocks before impact. This effect however, can be negated by simply disabling it in config.

#2 Abrupt stopping
In case of a much larger fall of let's say 30 blocks, any other air bender would be moving a bit too quickly for a simply float down (though it may be still possible). My proposal is that when falling great heights, 2 or so blocks before you hit the ground a great puff ball of air will prevent you from just smacking the ground. I'm not so sure or not, but a small penalty of that happening could be a temporary slow debuff of a few short seconds.

Potential Edits:
-None (yet)-

Please leave comments and criticism belowVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
UGH PEOPLE. C'mon, look up this stuff before you post it ;-; this is why things don't get done.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
UGH PEOPLE. C'mon, look up this stuff before you post it ;-; this is why things don't get done.
Sorry I recognize that this may haven't been well thought out, it was on the top of my head and I didn't feel like giving it the time and nurturing before I let it off into the wilds of PK xD

Status
Not open for further replies.