• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Lightning Damage Decrease In Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
We all know that impure water is a conductor, but what you might not know is that the farther the electric currents go from its source when in water, the weaker it gets. Why am I bring this up? Because it is just dumb that a firebender can strike lightning at you from 10 blocks away and you take all/more damage from lightning when though you are in water.

How would we fix this?
Every block lightning goes, the damage would decrease from 1 - 2 HP (1/2 - 1 heart).

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
This is already kind of a thing in the plugin. When you use lightning on water, it doesn't go infinitely throughout the water source. It travels 12 blocks (default) from where you hit. After that we assume that the lightning has lost enough energy to no longer do any damage.

Hero

Verified Member
This is already kind of a thing in the plugin. When you use lightning on water, it doesn't go infinitely throughout the water source. It travels 12 blocks (default) from where you hit. After that we assume that the lightning has lost enough energy to no longer do any damage.
Im not altering range, im altering damage. At the end of 12 blocks, if you get hit, you will still take all the damage.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Im not altering range, im altering damage. At the end of 12 blocks, if you get hit, you will still take all the damage.
You do realize that lightning travels at 224,000 MpH in air, which is a worse conductor than water right? I don't think 12 meters is going to make much of a difference in terms of damage.

Hero

Verified Member
You do realize that lightning travels at 224,000 MpH in air, which is a worse conductor than water right? I don't think 12 meters is going to make much of a difference in terms of damage.
This is minecraft though, and we arnt dealing with lightning.

Hero

Verified Member
I hate to rain on your parade but, although this is meant to be a bridge between the 2 worlds, you can't just deny Lightning would have increased speed and damage in water...
Do you guys not read my post are something? It looks like you guys just love to gang up on me

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Really? He just replied to me a couple days ago...
And before you say don't expect everyone to live on the forums, I am taking no longer on the forums as quitting the forums.
He was banned.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Alright Hero. I think the point here is you can't expect to add science via a suggestion and then reject everyone else's remark on the same science just because "it's Minecraft".
As it currently stands, lightning is fine in its conductive waters. If anything, the lightning could spread further out but that's to miss the point of making the ability overpowered.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.