• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied OctopusForm (a few small change)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
1. FreezeWalk: When octopusform is being performed while standing on one blocks deep water, the octopus should not freeze any water that is 1 blocks deep. If the player happens to fall into two or more blocks deep while the octopusf is in used, he she will then immediately get launch up to the surface of water and when (s)he lands (if the octopus is still being kept), the water would then freeze below the player, like how it usually does.

2.Left-Click: Another thing i thought of is, there should be a toggle function, where if you left click the air with octopusf., it will toggle-off its freezing power (self-explanotory). If you left-click again it will toggle it on. If you l-click on a block, it will freeze it - thus turning that block into ice block. What blocks the octopusf. will freeze by l-clicking ,it will be up to the owner how he would set the list for which blocks to be frozen with a new option in config file called "FreezingBlocks". If the ice breaks (the block that was turn into ice by octy) by the player or thing/natural causes or used as a watersource, the ice would then disapear, the thin flowing water would spread around where the ice was, then vanishes, and the block (that was turned from-into ice) will reapear

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Yeahhhh, but it just doesn't seem useful in anyway...
I don't know, maybe I'm not getting your perpective
In the show they never froze the water with octy while in water (Aang's second waterbending training) so i suggest it should be toggleable. I think freezing water 1 block deep pool isn't very usefull, as you can just walk throught the pool with no harm. Freezing blocks I find it to be a very cool effect as an addon to to octopusform, to present that it can touch anything (extending its tenthicle), cover it in water and freeze it.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Hum... I get it, the first part I agree with. But the second...
I just don't know about freezing the blocks, it doesn't seem useful... o_O
I think that being able to extend the tentacles to attack other players/mobs.
Or to pull them towards you to them attack them with octopusform.
Or even having a more defensive octopusform, that can be used to deflect projectiles and other moves, would be way more useful...

HydroMan

Verified Member
Hum... I get it, the first part I agree with. But the second...
I just don't know about freezing the blocks, it doesn't seem useful... o_O
I think that being able to extend the tentacles to attack other players/mobs.
Or to pull them towards you to them attack them with octopusform.
Or even having a more defensive octopusform, that can be used to deflect projectiles and other moves, would be way more useful...
Most of the things you describe are already suggest everywhere throught the forum. For the freezing part all i can see one use for it is to cheat for having a lack of watersource. Where in situation you have one watersource, and you don't want to use it up as your last resource, you can then make the octy freeze couple of blocks, then when you stop octopus form, you can then select your created ice as a watersource, and then BOOM - you can then use all the ice blocks you made for more abilities to use. And if you leave every last ice blocks for your octy as final move, you can basically repeat the process and create more unlimited ice. (damnn.. should have not told you that :|, now it might get denial :/ )

HydroMan

Verified Member
You can then select your created ice as a watersource, and then BOOM - you can then use all the ice blocks you made for more abilities to use. And if you leave every last ice blocks for your octy as final move, you can basically repeat the process and create more unlimited ice. (damnn.. should have not told you that :|, now it might get denial :/ )
Well the PK team would decided, whenever the ice should be capabke of being selected for the player as watersource or not. But mainly, this is just for looks, making the feel that octopusform is not just an ordanary octopus, but a versatily waterbending move and alike.

Hero

Verified Member
Yeah how about we just make octopusform more useful? Because even though its kinda weird how you can freeze water with it, you shouldnt take it away because there is almost nothing about it thats useful in the first place. Other than deflecting projectiles, lets just make octopusform like water arms with a couple new features and minus the freezing a grappling

HydroMan

Verified Member
Yeah how about we just make octopusform more useful? Because even though its kinda weird how you can freeze water with it, you shouldnt take it away because there is almost nothing about it thats useful in the first place. Other than deflecting projectiles, lets just make octopusform like water arms with a couple new features and minus the freezing a grappling
So you wanna make it a weaker version then waterarms, which would more useless were we could use octopusform instead? K!

Hero

Verified Member
But you could add an another thing to octopusform to do, instead of making quite the same thing except weaker.
I did, you just didnt listen.

I said that we could make a throw function where if you left click on an victim, you would grab them and left click a direction.
You could also make a one time use water dome to protect you until you release shift.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I did, you just didnt listen.

I said that we could make a throw function where if you left click on an victim, you would grab them and left click a direction.
You could also make a one time use water dome to protect you until you release shift.
Are saying to grap the player and hold him in place?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Anyway, lets fuction only for the mention changes, ok? There is a thread for the grabing thing with octy.

V

Vidcom

No argument was actually provided for why this could be beneficial, so Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.