• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire shield improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Fire shield has to be the biggest joke in defensive move history on PK. Not can it only seem to block only other fire moves, but it has pretty much no other use than jetblast/firewheel. I'm on mobile right now so I will have to update this when I get home, but here are some improvements and changes I have in mind for the move.

1) Fire shield makeover
Fireshield in my own opinion needs a slight makeover, at least in the clicking version. Instead of the shield being the simple left click that does nothing, it should be a one use move with a short cool down of maybe 5 seconds (configurable). My idea is by clicking on the ground close to you, a 3-second 3x2 rectangle of flame particles acting like a walloffire will raise, blocking most (if not all) moves. The cool down will only start once the shield is either dispelled by being hit or if it exceeds its time limit. The shift version of Fire shield should have a bit more of an offensive case of Defense, upon using it, the surrounding area of the shield should expand before it dissipates completely.

2)Knockback, not fire.
Fire shield shouldn't burn, it should repel. Though, we have to acknowledge that fire is indeed hot, therefore it should still do damage.

3)How this isn't OP/UP
Pretty much EVERYONE in PK community can agree that fire needs defense, and I feel like this could contribute. The left click fire shield could give defense and distance, something Firebenders need in terms of tactical retreat, and the shift version can provide both defense and offense, pushing away close Benders and moves it'll be very effective in gaining space, AND fighting infamous chi blockers.

4)Canon examples and gifs

(Note how this isn't even a physical being, this is spiritual)

Please leave comments and criticism below :D

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Fire shield has to be the biggest joke in defensive move history on PK. Not can it only seem to block only other fire moves, but it has pretty much no other use than jetblast/firewheel. I'm on mobile right now so I will have to update this when I get home, but here are some improvements and changes I have in mind for the move.

1) Fire shield makeover
Fireshield in my own opinion needs a slight makeover, at least in the clicking version. Instead of the shield being simple left click that does nothing, it should be a one use move with a short cool down of maybe 5 seconds (configurable). My idea is by clicking on the ground close to you, a 3 second 3high 2 wide shield of flame particles acting like a walloffire will raise, blocking most (if not all) moves. The cool down will only start once the shield is either dispelled by being hit, or if it exceeds it's time limit. The shift version of Fire shield should have a bit more of a offensive case of Defense, upon using it, the surrounding area of the shield should expand before it dissipates completely.

2)Knockback, not fire.
Fire shield shouldn't burn, it should repel. Though, we have to acknowledge that fire is indeed hot, therefore it should still do damage.

3)How this isn't OP/UP
Pretty much EVERYONE in PK community can agree that fire needs defense, and I feel like this could contribute. The left click firewheel could give defense and distance, something Firebenders need in terms of tactical retreat, and the shift version can provide both defense and offense, pushing away close Benders and moves it'll be very effective in gaining space, AND fighting infamous chi blockers.

Please leave comments and criticism below :D
Fire is mainly offense, not alot of defense was the whole purpose of being a firebender. I like this idea, but this would make firebenders more OP in my opinion.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Fire is mainly offense, not alot of defense was the whole purpose of being a firebender. I like this idea, but this would make firebenders more OP in my opinion.
I don't recall Firebenders being op, and in order to effective use these defensive moves they'd have to gain distance first.

Hero

Verified Member
I don't recall Firebenders being op, and in order to effective use these defensive moves they'd have to gain distance first.
Fire as of right now is alittle OP since they can charge moves while on any firejet, so they could be charging lightning while blazing around you with no penalty.

promancer

Verified Member

1) Fire shield makeover
Fireshield in my own opinion needs a slight makeover, at least in the clicking version. Instead of the shield being simple left click that does nothing, it should be a one use move with a short cool down of maybe 5 seconds (configurable). My idea is by clicking on the ground close to you, a 3 second 3high 2 wide shield of flame particles acting like a walloffire will raise, blocking most (if not all) moves. The cool down will only start once the shield is either dispelled by being hit, or if it exceeds it's time limit. The shift version of Fire shield should have a bit more of a offensive case of Defense, upon using it, the surrounding area of the shield should expand before it dissipates completely.
So basically you want firewall to become part of fireshield, i agree with this.

2)Knockback, not fire.
What is the basis or canon gif of this? Fireshield does damage because its a shield made of FIRE. What you want to do is turn fireshield into airshield, with DMG added to it. Completely disagree, no gif, to OP. Not canon. If you want a element of defence use air.

3)How this isn't OP/UP
Pretty much EVERYONE in PK community can agree that fire needs defense, and I feel like this could contribute. The left click firewheel could give defense and distance, something Firebenders need in terms of tactical retreat, and the shift version can provide both defense and offense, pushing away close Benders and moves it'll be very effective in gaining space, AND fighting infamous chi blockers.
Fire is not the element of Defence it is the element of Offence. Im sure the PK community will agree with this because it says so in the wiki.

Loony

Verified Member
Fire can turn offense into defence

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I have watched the series, and in many occasions firebender's would use fireblast or something of that caliber to defend themselves against moves that are being used against them
That's not using offense and defense in unison, like water taking the opponents weight and shifting it. It's just them being defensive.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
If that's what you mean you can already do that. Fireblast already blocks WaterManipulation, EarthBlast, and FireBlast
I'll give a whole bunch of gift and better explanations towmorrow(or until I can get to the computer) , if any concept designer comes across this please note that this post isn't finished.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'll give a whole bunch of gift and better explanations towmorrow(or until I can get to the computer) , if any concept designer comes across this please note that this post isn't finished.
If they do deny it, remake the thread containing the information :p

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
In all honesty, it sounds like it would be too similar to walloffire in that aspect. I'd much rather have fireshield like it is now, but actually fixed, and being able to actually block moves with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.